Feature - Implemented data persistence

I was wondering if there's a way for ASH to, say, load data from a file in one script, and have that data usable in other scripts without writing to file or to property.

I'm rather enjoying the new chatbotScript functionality, but it seems that file_to_map() being called -every- time someone speaks could eventually put a decent amount of lag on the bots response time.
Or does file_to_map() have the same sort of checks in place like how a script is called (stored in memory until datetime changes on the file)?

Last edited by a moderator:

StDoodle

Minion
Well, regularly trimming down the file contents would help. But as best as I can tell, you need a property or data file to keep anything between script invocations.

holatuwol

Developer
Or does file_to_map() have the same sort of checks in place like how a script is called (stored in memory until datetime changes on the file)?
No, but I've queued up that functionality for commit when Sourceforge stops being stupid. No idea if it'd make a massive performance difference, though, since disks these days have their own sophisticated caching.