Daily storage budget

Myrella

Hello,
I keep forgetting to set in a storage budget for pulls in ronin. Is there any way to have it automatically set to 20 while in ronin? I just drank and ate crappy stuff from inv instead of pulls ._.

1689495519747.png

Myrella

For anyone who might be searching for an answer to this in future (hello, hope future is awesomesauce):
I went and asked around for help on Discord in Ascenscion Speed Society ( https://discord.gg/pMwmNmSK ) and kind Shiverwarp and Pantocinchlus provided a solution for this: set a script (pullBudget.ash) and set it to execute on login in automatisation. Bam, pulls are in. Thank you kind people of KolMafia!

Attachments

• pullBudget.ash
    87 bytes · Views: 1

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
The budget is used to tell KoLmafia how many pulls it can use to fulfill requests to do stuff. I dont have a comprehensive mental map of all the places it comes into play, but your case is similar to the way I use it: to allow me to build/pull awesome drinks in the GUI instead of relying on crappy ones.

Consider the Booze tab. If Budget is 0, drinks in storage don't show up for me. If I set it to 2, it will show me corpetini (2 possible, 0 current) and the Resources Used (really "to be used") shows Budgeted Pulls: 1

I don't want to spend my pulls switching from a +4.17 adv/drink beverage to a +4.25 adv/drink beverage, if I haven't pulled my +adv gear, so I want to budget 14 for incremental use and 6 reserved.

I think there are probably a few improvements that could be made, that have never quite made it onto anyone's list of things to work on.

1: since the budget is really important to the Usage panes, put it on the usage panes. It's annoying to have to go to the Storage Pane to change the usage then go back to the Booze Usage pane
2: Create some sort of default, so that we don't have to have login scripts to set it. Don't set it if you don't want to use it.

Java:
budget.setToolTipText(
  "Sets the number of pulls KoLmafia is allowed to use\n"
  + "to fulfill item consumption and other usage requests");

Myrella

The budget is used to tell KoLmafia how many pulls it can use to fulfill requests to do stuff. I dont have a comprehensive mental map of all the places it comes into play, but your case is similar to the way I use it: to allow me to build/pull awesome drinks in the GUI instead of relying on crappy ones.

Consider the Booze tab. If Budget is 0, drinks in storage don't show up for me. If I set it to 2, it will show me corpetini (2 possible, 0 current) and the Resources Used (really "to be used") shows Budgeted Pulls: 1

I don't want to spend my pulls switching from a +4.17 adv/drink beverage to a +4.25 adv/drink beverage, if I haven't pulled my +adv gear, so I want to budget 14 for incremental use and 6 reserved.

I think there are probably a few improvements that could be made, that have never quite made it onto anyone's list of things to work on.

1: since the budget is really important to the Usage panes, put it on the usage panes. It's annoying to have to go to the Storage Pane to change the usage then go back to the Booze Usage pane
2: Create some sort of default, so that we don't have to have login scripts to set it. Don't set it if you don't want to use it.

Java:
budget.setToolTipText(
  "Sets the number of pulls KoLmafia is allowed to use\n"
  + "to fulfill item consumption and other usage requests");

The solution with login script is definitely very much a workaround, it would be awesome to have in options the possibility to set it up automatically while in ronin! :)
Also maybe it would be good to write it somewhere to inform people about this option and what it does - when I was asking in clan, no one had any clue what I was talking about and using it like that. They were either using a diet script or doing it all manually.