Feature - Rejected crown of thrones helper

ozoneb

I can never remember what the effect is for a given fam when put into the crown. I don't have any specific suggestions here except to say I think this is an area that could use some kind of helper IMHO.

slyz

Developer
I don't have a Crown of Thrones to verify, but I think that, if you use the Gear Changer in the GUI, you can preview what effects a given familiar has in the CoT.

I guess you were talking about the relay browser though.

Winterbay

I guess it could be nice to have a command similar to "hatter" that showed you all effects you could get with the hats you currently have, but I don't have one either so it wouldn't really affect me that much :)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There's the effect just from wearing it. There's also the in-combat effects, which can be "round 3" or "small chance every round, maybe limited to once per combat" or "first 3 rounds". It's complicated enough that you end up needing a giant table, and I think the (kol) wiki works fine for that. A CLI command that duplicates that table for the familiars you have could be interesting maybe, but it would still have so many familiars that it would be hard to find much.

jwylot

I find that I generally use a small subset of familiars so chat macros or aliases such as "/meat" or "/musstat" work for me and my leaky brain.

Winterbay

Ahh yes, I got the hatrack and the CoT mixed up. The first one would be more similar to the "hatter" command I think, the CoT not so much no...

ozoneb

Yes, I was meaning specifically in the relay browser. When you click the familiar in your chacter pane, you see the complete list and small [put in crown] link unneath each one to enthrone it. It seems like some additional information on this page might be appropriate. If the [put in crown] link were part of a slightly large section, it could be combined with a summary of effects that come from being enthroned.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Lots of stuff on the familiar page in the relay browser? That sounds like something I would not want. I could see it being a relay override script. This thread should probably be Rejected, but I'm not doing that from my phone.