Bug - Fixed Confetti treated as consumed

Fluxxdog

When using handfuls of confetti, mafia deducts the amount you use when in reality you don't use up any at all. Refreshing the session corrects the error.

Bale

Minion
Well, I suppose, but does anyone ever care if mafia's inventory count of confetti is accurate? Bug though. About as minor as a bug can get, but definitely a bug.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As far as I know, confetti is the only multi-usable reusable item. It's easy to tag an item as "reusable", but KoLmafia won't go go through multiuse.php to use it, if so. We'd need a new item type, just for this item.

Fluxxdog

Whoa. Really? Dang, and here I thought it was a simple fix. Although, the fix would accommodate any future multi-reusable items if there are any.

Theraze

Would this (item showing as consumed even though it isn't) be similar to the mosquito larva disappearing from inventory when you finish level 2 quest, though they give it to you to raise, and the molybdenum items not disappearing from your inventory even though he takes them? Or would that just be confused quest handling?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Would this (item showing as consumed even though it isn't) be similar to the mosquito larva disappearing from inventory when you finish level 2 quest, though they give it to you to raise,
Bad moon or very first time, I assume. There is special code to remove the larva which was put in before Bad Moon and which should probably be modified to account for it.

and the molybdenum items not disappearing from your inventory even though he takes them?
Every time I complete the Junkyard subquest, KoLmafia correctly removes all the molybdenum items from MY inventory.

Theraze

Bad moon, got it in one. It comes back when you refresh inventory, but disappears until then.

The items are removed, but remain in the session results, where it shows what items have been gained this session. Unlike most quest items, these stay... though that might just be the system hating me, or another bad moon issue.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What does "session results" have to do with the current contents of your inventory? Something, obviously, but errors in that panel, as long as the actual inventory is correct, have got to be the most trivial of trivial issues...

Theraze

For me, I trust session results as a reflection of changes to my inventory in this session. I (usually, with the exceptions I listed) trust the session results as the honest truth, as that's what's should have happened in this session... When I'm not using scripts to use items for me, I usually use items by right-clicking them there. Mainly because if it says that my item count went up by 1, there shouldn't be any way for the count to be wrong, since I have negative results allowed... Anyways, I was just listing it as another fairly trivial inventory bug.

Fluxxdog

The session results might actually be a result of the "Allow session results to go negative" option.

Theraze

It not displaying mosquito larva in session results after doing the level 2 quest, even though they don't remove it from your inventory, with "allow results to go negative" would make sense that it wouldn't be displayed?

It displaying me as having 1 molybdenum pliers/hammer/screwdriver even though they've been collected would make sense, because I've told it that it's supposed to be able to go below 0?

Neither should have any bearing on that preference. What I need to check next time is whether or not the items disappear (or fail to) from inventory when their session results are displaying improperly... and then make my own bug report instead of continuing this hijack. *coughs* </threadjack>

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Marking as closed, giving the trivial nature of the problem and the anticipated amount of work to fix it.