commenting out 200 lines of code

I just needed to comment out 200 lines of code for testing a new map in a script which would make the script much shorter and hopefully run faster. I have long wished their were block comments in the ash, but have not known of any. Well I was typing away, and didn't even think about what I was doing when I wrapped the 200 lines of code in this:

Code:
if(false)
{
//good removed code here
}

As you can see this is a quick way to stop blocks of previously working code from executing for the various testing that may need done for new methods without permanently deleting them from your script until you are fully sure that the new method works. It will not work unless kolmafia could run the script if false were true.

I hope someone finds the fact that I missed this possibility for so long as funny as I did, and that someone might find this idea useful.

holatuwol

Developer
Due to a variety of bugs I didn't notice in the v10.2 release, v10.3 will be pushed forward a little in advance of when I planned to release it. The reason I bump this post to say this is that KoLmafia will support block comments in the v10.3 release.

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=712.msg3401#msg3401 date=1169538142]
... KoLmafia will support block comments in the v10.3 release.
[/quote]

That Rocks!