Feature - Rejected coinmaster confirm box

Not sure where else to put this, so I suppose I'm making a feature request to have something removed.

The Crimbo 2011 coinmaster asks me to confirm my sales before asking how much of a given candy to trade in. I'm not sure what the motivation behind this is, as I went through a few of the other coinmasters and the ones I tried didn't ask me to confirm. Just seems like a superfluous click, considering that the "How many would you like to trade?" dialogue doubles perfectly as confirmation.

I understand this is a severely minor issue, but it just seems silly (and inconsistent with other coinmasters) to have this.
At -any- rate, it seems that if one were to need a special box asking verification, it should come after entering the amount to trade, not before.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
All Coinmasters that buy from you ask for a confirmation that you really want to remove items from your inventory. Every one of them: the Dimemaster, the Quartersmaster, the Game Shoppe, and Uncle Crimbo 2011. This is by analogy with the "autosell" and "place in mall" buttons on the Item Manger, which have exactly the same confirmation dialog.

Note that if you only HAVE one of an item to sell or trade in, none of the above give you a "How many would you like to trade" dialog.

No Coinmaster that sells to you asks for a confirmation that you really want to buy something.

I see no inconsistency - unless I were to remove the coinmaster sell dialog box but leave it in place for autosell and mallsell.

All Coinmasters that buy from you ask for a confirmation that you really want to remove items from your inventory. Every one of them: the Dimemaster, the Quartersmaster, the Game Shoppe, and Uncle Crimbo 2011. This is by analogy with the "autosell" and "place in mall" buttons on the Item Manger, which have exactly the same confirmation dialog.
I only tried the hermit and the Fudge wand (hermit because I could easily obtain the item to be traded; fudgecule because it was limited time content [my then-theory as to why confirmation was necessary) and neither of them asked for confirmation.
Both of these things from my inventory, and neither asked for me to confirm. I guess I'm just not sure what the distinction is between any of the coinmasters you listed and the rest.

But, if it's consistent with something, then I'm satisfied, thank you for answering.

Note that if you only HAVE one of an item to sell or trade in, none of the above give you a "How many would you like to trade" dialog.
I had considered this but wasn't sure.

Theraze

Well, both of the examples you gave are only buying from or converting items directly, they aren't turning in items for credit, which then gets used later...