Bug - Not A Bug chat_clan() leak

Someone broke the chat lock.
chat_clan("/valhalla hello!"); and the ilk allow one to post to public channels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grotfang

Developer
Looks like this has been the case for a while (I've just tried the same thing on some of the older builds). I'll look into it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Adding /clan to the front of any message sent to /clan should work as a fix, right? I haven't actually looked at that code at all, and I guess technically it means people can't have "&&" in their clan messages (because of the difference in how KoL handles the message).

Grotfang

Developer
Adding /clan to the front of any message sent to /clan should work as a fix, right? I haven't actually looked at that code at all, and I guess technically it means people can't have "&&" in their clan messages (because of the difference in how KoL handles the message).

Maybe. Could someone confirm that this feature is no longer working? If only one message is being allowed through, then that changes things somewhat.

Winterbay

Wouldn't that feature mean that if you try to send things to other channels than /clan it will stop sending any chat messages? That sounds like it could be a) easy to test and b) not something I want to do since I like to chat :)

Grotfang

Developer
Wouldn't that feature mean that if you try to send things to other channels than /clan it will stop sending any chat messages? That sounds like it could be a) easy to test and b) not something I want to do since I like to chat :)

Only until you restart mafia ;)

I'll take a look