New Content - Implemented Changed Zodiac Signs

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
No longer is it "Muscle" signs which can get into Degrassi Knoll. Zodiac signs also affect your modifiers.

Mongooses are tough but tender, and both relentless and flexible in the pursuit of their goals.

Unlocks Degrassi Knoll
+10% to all Muscle Gains
+20% Physical Damage

With a Wallaby as your mate, you'll be sure to have a good day, Barbie.

Unlocks Degrassi Knoll
+10% to all Mysticality Gains
+20% Spell Damage

Voles are sensibly reliable, and reliably sensible.

Unlocks Degrassi Knoll
+10% to all Moxie Gains
+20% Combat Initiative
+20 Maximum HP/MP

Platypuses are really pretty creepy, if you think about it.

Unlocks Little Canadia
+10% to all Muscle Gains
Familiar Weight +5 lbs.

Opossums make short work of their problems, and shorter work of their breakfasts.

Unlocks Little Canadia
+5 Adventures per day from Food

Marmots like to take things slow, but are more than capable of getting up to speed when necessary.

Unlocks Little Canadia
+10% to all Moxie Gains
Get 1 Free Ten-Leaf Clover per Day

Wombats are lucky and likable, and will almost always pick up the check.

Unlocks the Gnomish Gnomad Camp
+10% to all Muscle Gains
+20% Meat from Monsters

Blenders know how to have a good time at a cocktail party.

+5 Adventures per day from Booze

Packrats know when to hold them, and also when to fold them.

+10% to all Moxie Gains
+10% Items from Monsters

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9307 uses the new mappings of signs to stat gains and signs to available NPC area.
ASH my_sign() tells you your sign.
The existing ASH functions - in_muscle_sign(), in_mystiticality_sign(), and in_moxie_sign() - still exist, but only say whether your sign gives you stat gain benefits of the particular type.

I should provide knoll_available(), canadia_available(), and gnomads_available().
I also need to add the effects of the various signs on Modifiers.

Rinn

Developer
Adding a fake intrinsic effect to the status frame that shows the moon sign effect would be nice.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Why? They are the equivalent of what Passive Skills give you.

+Initiative, +Meat Drop, and so on. +5 adventure gains from booze is the similar to +5 free mining adventures from Unaccompanied Miner.

We don't show any of those as pseudo Intrinsic Effects. They show up as Modifiers - as should the Zodiac signs.

Speaking of signs, I find it ironic that ASH originally had a $zodiac type, but hola removed it and replaced it with in_muscle_sign(), in_mysticality_sign(), and in_moxie_sign(). I'm not sure if I wish we still had that type, but it's no longer quite so simple...

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9308 adds ASH functions: knoll_available(), canadia_available() and gnomads_available().
It also includes the various sign-specific modifiers. Thus:

ash string_modifier( "Sign:Vole", "Modifiers" )

returns

Experience Percent (Moxie): +10, Initiative: +20, Maximum HP Nonmultiplied: +20, Maximum MP Nonmultiplied: +20

(I assume it is a non-multiplied maximum HP/MP, like Slimy SInews and Slimy Synapses. Easy enough to change, if not).

I sort of wish we did have a $zodiac type now, so we could have stat sign.stat, boolean sign.knoll, and so on.

zarqon

Considering that this is partly replacing in_<stat>_sign(), I assume that gnomads_available() only checks your sign and doesn't actually check to see if you have unlocked the beach. Is that correct?

Theraze

Yep, just checked and KoLCharacter just checks the sign type.
Code:
	public static final boolean gnomadsAvailable()

{

return KoLCharacter.ascensionSignZone == KoLConstants.GNOMADS;

}

Bale

Minion
Revision 9308 adds ASH functions: knoll_available(), canadia_available() and gnomads_available().
It also includes the various sign-specific modifiers. Thus:

ash string_modifier( "Sign:Vole", "Modifiers" )

returns

Experience Percent (Moxie): +10, Initiative: +20, Maximum HP Nonmultiplied: +20, Maximum MP Nonmultiplied: +20

This is not working for me.

Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> ash string_modifier( "Sign:Vole", "Modifiers" )[/COLOR]

Returned:

[COLOR="#808000"]> ash string_modifier( "Sign:Vole", "Initiative" )[/COLOR]

Returned:

Am I misunderstanding something?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I assume you have a modifiers.txt override that does not have those. I guess I need to make the function which writes the modifiers do the Zodiac signs, too...

Bale

Minion
That works now, thanks. Though I could not find modifiers.txt in my /data directory. ??

Can we mark this thread as Implemented? Or is there something more to do?