Bug Can't view all of wide output (such as modtrace) in GCLI tab

ziz

Using mafia v14.6 r9401 (built from svn) on a mac.

In the GCLI, when doing a modtrace command (such as 'modtrace exp'), the right-hand side of the table scrolls past the right side of the GCLI pane, and there is no horizontal scrollbar. I'm on a laptop, so I can't make the window any bigger.

I presume there are other things which produce wide output similarly affected.

Screenshot of the cutoff:

Screen shot 2011-06-08 at 7.09.05 AM.png

slyz

Developer
I can usually see the rest of the table by selecting the text and bringing the pointer to the right/left of the Mafia window.

Winterbay

I have had it happen a few times where it has managed to resize the table with the window size(i.e. make the cells higher and thinner to accomodate the entire table in the viewable window). I've no idea what caused that though.
It could be a possible solution if it could do that I guess.

ziz

I don't know what the right solution from a technical or a usability standpoint is, but enabling a horizontal scrollbar for the gcli window when output can't be wrapped is the first thing that comes to mind.

A special table-output window seems like it might be too inconvenient to implement, and I feel like resizing output that would otherwise wrap would produce readability problems in the "too small" direction in some cases.