Bug - Fixed Can't hit anything warning but using cleaver

slifty

Hey all -- this may well be user error and I apoligize if it is (I swear I tried my best to check)

I'm trying to get hobo nickles from the hobo town square and am far too powerful so I need to wear a pirate realm eyepatch to cap my stats. I'm using a buffed up june cleaver, so I am able to one-hit when running manually.

When I try to use the Mafia adventure tool I'm told "You can't hit anything there."

I'm sure this would be true, but it isn't since I have the cleaver so it always hits. I have warnings disabled in KoL itself -- I couldn't find a setting in Mafia that seemed obviously related to this, but maybe I failed in my search abilities.

Is this a bug?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There is currently no way to disable that. KoLAdventure.run():

Code:
      // If the person doesn't stand a chance of surviving,
      // automatically quit and tell them so.

if (this.areaSummary != null
          && action.startsWith("attack")
          && !this.areaSummary.willHitSomething()
          && !KoLCharacter.getFamiliar().isCombatFamiliar()) {
        KoLmafia.updateDisplay(MafiaState.ERROR, "You can't hit anything there.");
        return;
      }

It has the "Cannot miss" feature.

We have the "Attacks Can't Miss" modifier, which we recognize in item descriptions from "Regular Attacks Can't Miss" or "Attacks Can't Miss". Looks like "Can't miss" is another way to describe it.

Other items/effects with this modifier:

Thor's Pliers
Red Fox glove
Chalked Weapon (effect)
Comic Violence (effect)
Song of Battle (effect)

We need to be able to parse "Can't miss", add that modifier to June's cleaver (looking at the html for all items, I see no others), and add it to that conditional.