Bug - Fixed Can't auto create honey mead in item manager.

peter50216

When in Item manager > Usable > Booze
select:
honey mead (1 possible, 0 current)
And click consume doesn't create a honey mead and use it...
error message in CLI:
Code:
You need 1 more honey mead to continue.

click enqueue and it does show handful of honey (4) in Ingredients Used. But clicking consume or create above also only gives the error message "You need 1 more honey mead to continue."

use "acquire honey mead" in CLI does work:
Code:
Verifying ingredients for honey mead (1)...
You acquire an item: honey mead
Successfully created honey mead (1)

xKiv

That's weird. I definitely successfully consumed honey mead a few days ago by enqueing and clicking consume.
Did you perhaps have *exactly* 4 handfuls of honey?
Or less than 4 in inventory and some in closet?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Works for me.

I opened the Item Manager
I went to the Booze Panel
I enqueued q honey mead
I clicked Create.

The CLI says this:

Winterbay

Not working for me (r9490). With 4 handfuls of honey in inventory, I enqueue 1 honey mead and click create and it says as follows:
Code:
> inv honey

handful of honey (4)
honeypot

The same happens with 5-7 handfuls in inventory however with 8 it works. No idea what would be different there though...

Bale

Minion
I had the same problem once with the honey pie. I had to create it in the relay browser. No idea why.

peter50216

I had exactly 4 handfuls of honey in the inventory. None in closet.

Edit: Then today I have 13 handfuls of honey in inventory, and it worked well.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Not working for me (r9490). With 4 handfuls of honey in inventory, I enqueue 1 honey mead and click create and it says as follows:
Code:
> inv honey

handful of honey (4)
honeypot

The same happens with 5-7 handfuls in inventory however with 8 it works. No idea what would be different there though...
I continue to be unable to reproduce this.

> inv honey

handful of honey (4)
honeypot
Verifying ingredients...

Winterbay

Which is really odd since I can still reproduce it with those same steps. Now using 9496 and having tried both before and after an "update clear" (including restart) just in case that should do anything.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. If you queue an item and concoctions get refreshed, creation will fail unless you have enough ingredients on hand to create ANOTHER of the item. Now, once the first item is successfully created, concoctions get refreshed again and subsequent creations should work with no problem. I am amazed we never noticed this before. I wonder if this is behind some of the other reports I've seen of "why is KoLmafia refusing to make such-and-such for me"?

Revision 9500.

stannius

Interesting. If you queue an item and concoctions get refreshed, creation will fail unless you have enough ingredients on hand to create ANOTHER of the item. Now, once the first item is successfully created, concoctions get refreshed again and subsequent creations should work with no problem. I am amazed we never noticed this before. I wonder if this is behind some of the other reports I've seen of "why is KoLmafia refusing to make such-and-such for me"?

Revision 9500.

This has been happening for me with wads. I'll check if this fixed it. Though I might forget to report back unless I notice it happen again.

EDIT: Stopped getting that error message. Yay!

Last edited: