Bug - Fixed build fails on macosx somewhere between versions 8923 and 8933

Buildfile: /Users/dmeleedy/kolmafia_build/kolmafia/build.xml

start:
[delete] Deleting directory /Users/dmeleedy/kolmafia_build/kolmafia/build/net/sourceforge/kolmafia

init:

version:
[echo] Current revision: 8933

debug:

init:

version:
[echo] Current revision: 8933

jar:

init:

jikeshome:

javahome:

compile:
[echo] Using ${build.compiler} compiler
[javac] Compiling 588 source files to /Users/dmeleedy/kolmafia_build/kolmafia/build

BUILD FAILED
/Users/dmeleedy/kolmafia_build/kolmafia/build.xml:304: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/dmeleedy/kolmafia_build/kolmafia/build.xml:186: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/dmeleedy/kolmafia_build/kolmafia/build.xml:144: Class not found: ${build.compiler}

Total time: 2 seconds

Last edited by a moderator:

Theraze

What compiler are you trying to use? It sets build.compiler to either java or jikes depending on your environmental variables... if those aren't set properly, that's when you'd get the error you're reporting.

bleary

On macosx (at least for recent versions), I guess JAVA_HOME should be set to "/Library/Java/Home" Building using the following command works for me:

Code:
 $ JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/Home ant

Theraze

JAVA_HOME just needs to be set... if the installation worked properly and you've restarted (it doesn't add the variable for me until after reboot) the compile should work without needing to be manually set... but if it does, bleary's fix should work.

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
This was changed in 8927.

recommend that we add
<property name="build.compiler" value="modern" /> on line 131.

That would resolve this without messing up jikes users.