Boris Helm +ML not reflected in Mafia Main Interface status

Ethelred

I don't know if this has been going on for a while or if it's something I just happened to notice today. I'm currenty running mafia r11984 and noticed that when I twist the horns on Boris's Helm in the relay browser, the ML status in the mafia Main Interface status area (mid to lower left hand corner) doesn't update. If I refresh the session data, it shows the change. When I change Clancy's instrument, the status area updates dynamically. Shouldn't the ML from the Helm do that as well? Does anybody else see this happening, or am I the only person left still doing Boris runs?

Mafia: r11984
Java: java version "1.6.0_37"

slyz

Developer
Could you twist the horns, equip the helm, and type
Code:
modtrace monster level
in the gCLI?

This way we can check if Mafia knows whether the Helm has been twisted.

Ethelred

Could you twist the horns, equip the helm, and type
Code:
modtrace monster level
in the gCLI?

This way we can check if Mafia knows whether the Helm has been twisted.

After twisting the horns to off, modtrace still reports +15.00 from boris's helm (askew).

slyz

Developer
The inventory manager or the gear changer do not show the updated helm after twisting the horns? I wonder what changed that broke Mafia's tracking. Maybe the inventory filtering update?

I don't have a helm, but is everyone who has one seeing this? I feel like we would have had reports sooner. Maybe it only happens when you have some inventory option turned on/off?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I removed some code for that when I updated the fold command to handle Jarlsberg's pan. I can't look at the code right now, but that's probably the cause.

Ethelred

The inventory manager or the gear changer do not show the updated helm after twisting the horns? I wonder what changed that broke Mafia's tracking. Maybe the inventory filtering update?

I don't have a helm, but is everyone who has one seeing this? I feel like we would have had reports sooner. Maybe it only happens when you have some inventory option turned on/off?

I checked it on a multi who is not in boriscore with the same result. I also tested the space trip safety headphones on that char and see the ML adjusted as I equip and unequip them.

I haven't done anything with the new inventory options yet, so I'm still running whatever the old default options are.

nema

In the relay browser looking at equipment and choosing the twist horns link, all that apparently happens is the addition/removal of (askew). No other apparent text occurs such as "You twist your horns and look like a viking." or anything. (text was made up) It's been a while since I did AoB runs where mafia tracked twisted horns properly, but it didn't seem so subtle as just adding/removing the (askew) text.