Feature - Rejected Bag o' Tricks use link when pulled from stash?

Spiny

I don't have my own Bag o' Tricks, but I have access to a clan with some stashed goodies that I can use as needed and put back when done. The Bag o' Tricks is one such goodie that I like to take and use to extend buffs and put it back. I do the same thing with the PYEC. The PYEC has a handy use link when I take it from the stash, but the Bag o' Tricks does not. I'm not all that familiar with all that the Bag o' Tricks does to know if adding a use link when taking it from the stash would confuse things or not, but I thought I'd ask :) Certainly not a high priority thing.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia only adds a single link to an item, and equip seems just as useful as use, so this probably isn't happening without a much larger mafia change.

Except, using the BoT when it's not equipped is what gives the +3 duration to some of the effects you already have running. Equipping it and using it in battle gives the 3 other effects, the 20 turns of +ML, items or meat depending on charges. So equip and use are most definitely separate actions with separate effects.

ETA: Note to OP: There *is* a "use Bag o' Tricks" button in the Daily Deeds that does what you are wanting.

ETA: Also, after the item is pulled, if you go to Inventory, there is an [equip] and an [open]. Open is the same as Use here.

So, it's not on the page that comes up when you first pull it, but there is a link in the browser under Inventory, and mafia has a button in the daily deeds.

Last edited: