Bug - Not A Bug Bad monster value: ""

Bale

Minion
It seems that for the new Crimbo monsters, the value being passed to a consult script for unknown monsters is "" because I'm getting the following error:

Code:
Round 0: Bale wins initiative!
Bad monster value: ""
Bad monster value: ""
[COLOR="#FF0000"]You're on your own, partner.[/COLOR]

I am playing in the relay browser. That's what happens when I click the "script" button.

It might be better if the script got $monster[none] since that would at least not give an error message.

Winterbay

I thought an unkown monster created a shortlived override just for that case. I've not had any trouble with other unkown monsters since that change was done a while back. It appears that for some reason this is not working for these lollipop-monsters.

Winterbay

Hmm... My spamattack and smartstasis does not appear to have had any trouble, granted I did my fight from the CLI (since I still can't access the relay browser from work).

Code:
Encounter: lolligator
Round 0: winterbay wins initiative!

> fight!

You have the latest pluralMonsters.txt. Will not check again today.
Updating batfactors.txt from '2011-11-27T13:05:41-06:00' to '2011-11-30T04:30:21-06:00'...
...batfactors.txt updated.

(fight! is an alias that basically loops run_combat() until the fight is over)

slyz

Developer
Does this only happen for consult scripts?
if you have a [lollipop] section in your CCS, without a consult script, does it work?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Now I olfacted the monster again (same one, also in the relay browser) and mafia picked it up. Same mafia session even.

slyz

Developer
I started an adventure manually, and use the "script" button from the Relay Browser with the following CCS:
Code:
[ default ]
consult test.ash
where test.ash is:
PHP:
void main( int rnd, monster mob, string page )
{
	print( "Monster: " + mob );
	abort();
}
And I didn't get any error:
Code:
Encounter: lolligator
Round 0: slyz wins initiative!
Monster: lolligator
[color=red]
KoLmafia declares world peace.
You're on your own, partner.[/color]

Maybe something was fixed in KoL's HTML in the mean time?

Bale

Minion
I started an adventure manually, and use the "script" button from the Relay Browser with the following CCS:

I was using a consult script, not a CSS. The two things work slightly differently. (This is most notable in Farnswarthy's Basement, where a CSS can identify the monsters, but a consult script cannot.)

Winterbay

How did you use a consult script if not via a CCS? What slyz did was call a very simple consult script from his CCS which is the only way I know to do it...

Bale

Minion
Never mind. Of course that was right. If that test was before KoLmafia added the monsters, then something must have been wrong with KoL's html...

I guess the bug was a weird fluke.

Bale

Minion
I cannot replicate this bug with the lolliphaunt (which was not added to my currently running KoLmafia), so it is safe to say that there is no bug.