Feature - Rejected Autoload proxy server on startup

NardoLoopa

It would be nice if the proxy autoloaded on start-up. That way I can re-use browser tabs, or use something other than the primary browser Mafia kicks off when you press the button.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Preferences -> Main Tabs: put Relay Server in Startup in Tabs. Already possible and shouldn't be done automatically.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I could have sworn it was different when I first tested, but my suggestion results in a browser tab being opened when mafia starts up, which isn't what you asked for. I still think it shouldn't happen, at least without a good way to add another setting to control it, but I'll let someone else make that decision.

Bale

Minion
I disagree about it not working properly. I have "Relay Server" as a startup tab and it does exactly what you expected. You must have done something different from your instructions.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
He doesn't want the tab to autoload, he wants to be able to just open a browser and load http://127.0.0.1:60080/game.php and have it work, which would allow a tab to be reused or a different browser to be used every time. That won't work without starting the Relay Browser (startup settings or clicking the button for it), which opens a new tab in the browser you have set.

Bale

Minion
That's what your earlier directions accomplish. I always do that, just as he desires.

Preferences -> Main Tabs: put Relay Server in Startup in Tabs.

Do this. This does not start the browser. This does not open a tab. This simply starts the proxy server which will quietly wait for you to point your browser to http://127.0.0.1:60080/game.php.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Strange, now that I look at my settings, Relay Server was under Startup as Window, which is not what I remember. Feature recategorized since apparently I knew what I was talking about to begin with.