Bug - Won't Fix Auto-Ultrahydration and Bees

Cait

I was adventuring in the Arid Desert, and Ultrahydrated ran out. Since Kolmafia is kind enough to automatically go and hit the Oasis for me, I hit adventure again; however, I had an unexpected result. A wandering bee overrode the Ultrahydrated adventure when it hit the Oasis, and it said "Ultrahydration failed!"... and then went to adventure in the Desert anyway without it.

slyz

Developer
Were you auto-adventuring? Or using a script? The "Ultrahydration failed!" message should have put Mafia in an ERROR_STATE (all red and automation stops).

Cait

Neither; I was using the Relay browser. I clicked the button to adventure again at the Desert, it silently hit the Oasis for a turn first, auto-fought a bee, then sent me to Desert (Unhydrated).

Bale

Minion
I just encountered this bug also:

Code:
Request 1 of 30 (Beach: Desert (Ultrahydrated)) in progress...
(Bee window end counter expired)

[829] Oasis in the Desert
Encounter: bee thoven
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents\My Dropbox\KolMafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: bale wins initiative!
You lose 14 hit points
FinalAttack: To kill a Bee Thoven with Spaghetti Spear... killrounds: 6, dierounds: 4
Round 1: bale executes a macro!
Round 1: bale casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 2: bee thoven takes 119 damage.
Round 2: Conway teaches you the subtle differences between an ironic moustache and a regular ol' creepy moustache. You feel a little more moxious.
You gain 3 Cheek
You lose 38 hit points
Round 2: bale casts SPAGHETTI SPEAR!
Round 3: bee thoven takes 6 damage.
Round 3: Conway filters moonslight through his oversized sunglasses.
You gain 23 Mana Points
Round 3: bale wins the fight!
You acquire an item: handful of honey
You gain 12 Beefiness
You gain 18 Enchantedness
You gain 12 Sarcasm
[COLOR=#FF0000]Ultrahydration failed![/COLOR]

[830] Desert (Unhydrated)
Encounter: Sandstorm, Take Me Away from the Norm
You acquire an effect: Turned Into a Skeleton (duration: 5 Adventures)

slyz

Developer
I don't really know where or how to fix this. Maybe the check for the Ultrahydrated effect should be moved to KoLAdventure.validate() ?

Another problem is that, if you click on a link in the Relay Browser, you don't really expect mafia to automate the fight for you (which is what happens when it tries to re-hydrate).

slyz

Developer
I hit adventure again
When I use the "adventure again" link in the Relay Browser after running out of Ultrahydrated, I simply adventure in the Arid desert (unhydrated). Should Mafia auto-hydrate?

EDIT: It looks like the patch I was testing removed that functionality, for some reason.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I'm learning a lot by looking into this. I think that GenericRequest.execute() should catch the ERROR_STATE before actually launching the request.

I'm out of romantically attracted monsters (you can know exactly when those will appear if you spend enough time sewer- err, shoring), so I'll only be able to try again tomorrow.

Theraze

Also, it's only a few times per day, but the barrels full of barrels will burn down turns in a non-adventure way, so you can guarantee next-turn bees/romance.