Feature - Implemented Auto-solve for Azazel, Ma Belle

NardoLoopa

The "Hey Deze Arena" logic puzzle could use an auto-solver. And an indicator that you have all the pieces to solve it while farming for them.

NardoLoopa

I wasn't so much meaning the whole quest. Just Sven Golly's 'logic' puzzle to provide hints. The quest itself is too 'end-of-the-day adv' sensitive to want to automate.

Bale

Minion
I use a little script cobbled together from two other people's scripts and a little bit of my own magic which only automates the items. (I do everything else myself, but find the item dispersal annoying.) It'll give Sven and Mourn (and Moaning Panda) the items they're looking for. I'll attach it here:

Attachments

• AzazelItems.ash
    4.7 KB · Views: 99

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How about this: change the page where you "give item x to band member y" to have four dropdowns, one for each band member, each populated with only the "appropriate" items you happen to have? It'd be up to you to set each of them consistently (i.e., don't give the same item to two different band members). When you say "do it", we make 4 requests, one for each item, and show you the results. Or perhaps just the results for the last item.

I suppose we could do error checking - make sure you don't give the same item twice, make sure you have all 4, and so on - but that'd almost certainly be trickier.

Or make it idiot proof, so you could give up to 4 items at a time, and if you give fewer, we only give that many, and only show the unsatisfied band members next time.

It sounds like an afternoon's work, to me. Which I may or may not have next time I go through there. But I sure would like it, since I have to go look up on my cheat sheet every time I do that quest.

Bale

Minion
Whichever of those solutions you decide to go with will make me happy.

I'll leave it to you to make the choice that makes you happiest with its ratio of awesome:workRequired the next time that you're both doing that quest and have spare time.

Winterbay

I use a little script cobbled together from two other people's scripts and a little bit of my own magic which only automates the items. (I do everything else myself, but find the item dispersal annoying.) It'll give Sven and Mourn (and Moaning Panda) the items they're looking for. I'll attach it here:

Thanks. That saved me a lot of clicking just now :)

NardoLoopa

Vera, yes, that would be great. Also nice would be to append a "1 of 4" text to the combat drops. That way you know when you have enough to satisfy the band members and can stop adventuring in that zone.

Theraze

Problem with that, NardoLoopa, is that just because you have 4 drops doesn't necessarily mean they're the ones that will solve the puzzle. Imagine, for example, that you have the teddy, cherry, cake, and pillow. How are you going to solve the puzzle?

In the example I just gave, Bognort doesn't have an item that will 'solve' for him. As such, while you have '4 of 4' drops, it's not enough. Each of the 4 people have 1 unique item that will only solve for them and one shared item. If the 3 items that match the other pair of matched people are all collected, your fourth item will only be giftable to one of the two.

On my prior example, if you swap the teddy and the paper, you'll have the same issue... Either Bognort or Stinkface will get their gift, but not both. The other 3 items match the requirements of Flargwurm and Jim, but neither Bognort nor Stinkface want anything to do with cherry, cake, or pillow.

I think stopping at the point Veracity gave would be a good idea. :) If additional text is added, it should be 'of 6', not 'of 4' because the 4 suggests a false goal.

xKiv

Or maybe not X of Y drops, but A of 4 bandmembers satisfiable (sorta kind of like the white pixel counter also counts creatable white pixels).

Theraze

But if someone's actually working on satisfying them in-run, then the counter isn't necessarily true unless we add 4 new preferences for if a specific band member has been satisfied, and while we could add a lastBognortGifted value (and repeat for the other 3), it's not really adding anything that Veracity's above patch isn't, and might lead people to incorrectly give up their only way of actually satisfying the 4... If you have '4 of 4 bandmembers satisfiable' and that includes both teddy and paper, and give the paper to Stinkface... now you can't complete Bognort, because you gave the wrong item.

I think we're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist as much as it would cause new problems.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9435 changes the form on the page where you talk to Sven to have four dropdowns.

Give Bognart the <dropdown of items you have that Bognart wants>
Give Stinkface the <dropdown of items you have that Stinkface wants>
Give Flargwurm the <dropdown of items you have that Flargwurm wants>
Give Jim the <dropdown of items you have that Jim wants>

You can select all 4, or less if you want to, for some reason.

Click the "Give Items" button and KoLmafia will submit one request for each bandmember you selected an item for. It will show you the response from the final request - which, if you gave an item to all the bandmembers, will have the Azazel item from Sven.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 9436 adds a little (untested) tweak: it only shows a dropdown for band members who are still waiting for an item.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
And revision 9440 puts this all under control of relayShowSpoilers, which is settable on the Browser tab of Preferences.