Bug - Fixed Astral Plane choices are missing

Irrat

It appears as part of a change, the zones for astral adventures was changed from "Astral" to their own unique names (Bad Trip, Great Trip, Mediocre Trip)

The commit the change was made.

This means that in the choice panel, it's apparently looking for "Astral" which those locations no longer fall under. Which means we can't see the Astral choices when looking at an Astral zone.

Where the choices are added.

Changing the location choices are added from "Astral" to "Bad Trip" for example, now shows the choices under "Bad Trip".

@Veracity

1669581023918.png

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It would be nice if the choice options would look zone, [parent] … until it finds a matching zone.

It’s been a long time since I looked at that.
Time for a revisit?

It wouldn’t hurt if those three zones displayed as “Astral:Great Trip:An …”

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(By the way - I’m very busy for the next 3 weeks or so, so when I say “I should look at this”, don’t feel shut out from investigating yourself. :))

Irrat

(By the way - I’m very busy for the next 3 weeks or so, so when I say “I should look at this”, don’t feel shut out from investigating yourself. :))
I wasn't worried about this myself, was just intrigued when someone in discord was confused and I looked into it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well, it is an issue. The choice-chain in the Astral Plane is unique in that it can appear in 3 different adventure.php areas; I believe every other one appears in exactly one. We have no mechanism for configuring choices that appear in multiple adventure.php areas unless they are in the same zone. So, putting it under "Astral" is correct. It's a GUI issue for how you can find the control.

You can still configure it programmatically using the "violetFogGoal" property.