Feature - Implemented Any chance of an option to skip the Arboreal Respite choiceadv?

jwylot

Before the Arboreal Respite mafia choiceadv was simplified, it was possible to skip this but there is no longer an option to do so. Would it be possible to reintroduce such an option (this could be using Follow the old road -> Talk to the Hunter -> Take your leave) for example.

Oh it still uses an adventure - just ignore me :)

Last edited:

matt.chugg

you can set in preferences:

choiceAdventure502=1
choiceAdventure503=3
choiceAdventure504=3

I tested this, but it looks like taking your leave uses an adventure!
Code:
ash print(my_adventures()); adventure(1,$location[spookyforest]); print(my_adventures());
Code:

Visit to Woods: Spooky Forest in progress...

[1333] Spooky Forest
Encounter: Arboreal Respite
Encounter: The Road Less Traveled
Encounter: Tree's Last Stand
Encounter: Tree's Last Stand

edit: you edited: ignore me too!

Winterbay

Yes, in order to not take an adventure you need to go and "hit a monkey with a bone" or similar in the part where you get the temple map if you have a coin.

matt.chugg

Yes, in order to not take an adventure you need to go and "hit a monkey with a bone" or similar in the part where you get the temple map if you have a coin.

I don't know about anyone else, but I once i've got the coin, I get the map, and once i've got the items I never go back to the forest! I can't see a real reason to be adventuring there with a coin and needing to hit a monkey or any other animal with a bone!

If theres a real need, this could still be achieved using the preferences and setting the correct choice adventures

Request marking of this as won't fix/rejected

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Bounty hunting (possibly in bad moon even if you have all the stuff), hoom hah, and ultra-rare farming are all reasons to be in the zone for a large number of turns, and the first two are guaranteed to benefit from a no-turn noncombat.

jwylot

I was UR farming and setting the choice advs won't help since whichever choice mafia is set to will override anyway (there being no null setting) even if it is to show in browser. As there is a way to save an adventure, might be helpful if it was offered as a choice in mafia.

I guess that means you need a coin in inventory though.

stannius

This request has been rejected before. I think because the existence of a no-turn exit from the woods is considered by TPTB as a bug, not a feature.

slyz

Developer
It turns out you can still skip this without using an adventure.

r9960 changes the "Spooky Temple map" setting to "Spooky Temple map then skip adventure".