Feature - Implemented Airship goal: 1 S.O.C.K (without Metallic A)

rlbond86

I've been burned twice by this now. Currently the only 2 available goals for the airship are "1 metallic A, 1 S.O.C.K." and "1 photoprotoneutron torpedo". But in Boris and Zombie you don't need a metallic A, or in SC you might just pull the wand directly. It would be nice if these goals were separate.

Theraze

Agreed that it would be nice to have them separate because it doesn't make a ton of sense to have a time limited, disappearing quest item as one of the goals for a repeatable item that you might need to backfarm at the end of a run, but...

rlbond86, you do know that you can just delete the "1 S.O.C.K" part of that condition and it will just get you the metallic A, right?

slyz

Developer
That would be nice. I think Roippi currently isn't in the middle of a major Mafia project or GUI overhaul, maybe this would float his boat!

Bale

Minion
Custom goals would be a nice feature.

However, I'm going to agree that deleting the "metallic A" part of the goal is good enough for now.

Feel free to start a thread asking for customizing goals as a new Feature. Maybe Roippi or someone will want to do that. It does sound like a Roippi project...

Last edited:

holatuwol

Developer
It doesn't seem so bad to separate them by default. In the worst case, you have to go back to get a metallic A? So I've implemented this in 11487.

Bale

Minion
Well, that's just... less convenient. In most ascensions I need to get them both. It is more trouble for me to copy/paste from one goal into the other than it is to delete the goal I do not need.

I suppose I could do it twice, switching goals if necessary, but once again that's less convenient than highlighting metallic A and clicking delete. The worst case you mention is simply not as easy as deleting.

Please, I would appreciate it if you would revert that change.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We've can have multiple overlapping goals for a zone. Look at Guano Junction, for example:

3 sonar-in-a-biscuit, 1 broken skull
3 sonar-in-a-biscuit
1 sonar-in-a-biscuit
1 baseball
+1 Eau de Guaneau

We could do something similar for the airship:

1 S.O.C.K., 1 metallic A
1 S.O.C.K.
1 metallic A
1 photoprotoneutron torpedo

Bale

Minion
That would be nice.

Though I'll point out that looking for a metallic A without a SOCK is pointless. At least until a new challenge path appears in which that is a sane decision.

That would be nice.

Though I'll point out that looking for a metallic A without a SOCK is pointless. At least until a new challenge path appears in which that is a sane decision.

You could have already gotten the sock earlier? Although maybe your point is still correct, because since you already have the sock earlier in the run, that part of the goal is taken care of? That part of the logic for kol is fairly un-intuitive, however, and a core part of why (I think) folk struggle with the goals.

Theraze

If you've turned the SOCK into the intergalactic rowboat, you no longer have a SOCK. And that part of the goal will never be met.