New Content - Implemented Add Phylum to monster data

zarqon

I think to_paste() is pretty much redundant. Scripters would use it to check for certain pastes -- which is functionally the same as checking for certain phyla.

slyz

Developer
I'm a fan of proxy records over ASH functions, in case you couldn't tell.
Up to now, proxy info has been used mainly to give access to information that wasn't available via ASH functions. In a script, what would be the difference between doing
PHP:
monster.phylum
and
PHP:
monster.monster_phylum()
?

zarqon

From a scripter's standpoint, there is very little difference -- one uses parentheses, one doesn't. From a linguistic and design standpoint, I enjoy having properties of objects accessible as such. It feels right. To my thinking, functions should exist to perform operations or make checks on inconstant data, not to describe something.

Prior to proxy records existing, everything was a function, but now we have this delightfully appropriate way of accessing this data, and I feel that ASH should use it rather than continue making functions for everything. I would personally like to take advantage of redundancy to phase out all ASH functions that simply deliver data which could be in a proxy field, but I realize that is probably a pipe dream.