Feature - Rejected Add new property prefix for "Reset on rollover", not "Reset on ascension"

Irrat

Some properties are ones you want to persist across ascensions, but to be reset on a new kol day.
Generally this falls under loop scripts, though potato alarm clock would also make use of this if it wasn't implemented already as it's a one/day item.

Examples could be tracking daily profits across ascensions. Monitoring if you've done something today (Sent someone on a safari adventure and want to share the love to as many as possible), the total time spent running your loop script, etc.

The prefix itself, I don't have any solid ideas but seeing as the user would desire a prefix that's easily visible and low confusion, a few ideas are @ $ % ^ & ~.
Though I think the best would be ~dailyProfits. I would suggest .dailyProfits but the period could be too small? = cannot be used as it would make issues in CLI.

I'd say the lack of an obvious prefix that one would use in this situation is the biggest hindrance in implementation.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
You can implement this yourself by maintaining a pref with the day and resetting all prefs with a certain prefix when you see that that date is old.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
If we were to do something like this I'd be interested in adding a new column to defaults.txt that describes when a pref is reset

"r,a" could be rollover and ascension and would sit next to existing prefs with a leading underscore