Feature - Implemented Add molybdenum items as conditions to Junkyard zones

matt.chugg

I think it would be useful to have all molybdenum items as conditions for each junyard area, I know a lot of people use the relay browser for this, because of the nature of the quest, but since I've been using smartstatsis i've found that aoutomating adventures in this area with the relevant condition works great, it would just be that tiny bit simpler if I could pick the correct mobybdenum item from the dropdown list.

matt.chugg

Patch: I think i've done it right!

Code:
### Eclipse Workspace Patch 1.0
#P kolmafia
Index: src/data/adventures.txt
===================================================================
--- src/data/adventures.txt	(revision 10495)
+++ src/data/adventures.txt	(working copy)
@@ -135,10 +135,10 @@
 IsleWar	adventure=134	true	Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise)	1 beer helmet, 1 distressed denim pants, 1 bejeweled pledge pin
 IsleWar	adventure=133	true	Wartime Hippy Camp	1 bullet-proof corduroys, 1 round purple sunglasses, 1 reinforced beaded headband|1 beer helmet, 1 distressed denim pants, 1 bejeweled pledge pin
 IsleWar	adventure=131	true	Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)	1 bullet-proof corduroys, 1 round purple sunglasses, 1 reinforced beaded headband
-Junkyard	adventure=182	true	Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
-Junkyard	adventure=183	true	Near an Abandoned Refrigerator
-Junkyard	adventure=184	true	Over Where the Old Tires Are
-Junkyard	adventure=185	true	Out By that Rusted-Out Car
+Junkyard	adventure=182	true	Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it	1 molybdenum hammer|1 molybdenum crescent wrench|1 molybdenum pliers|1 molybdenum screwdriver
+Junkyard	adventure=183	true	Near an Abandoned Refrigerator	1 molybdenum hammer|1 molybdenum crescent wrench|1 molybdenum pliers|1 molybdenum screwdriver
+Junkyard	adventure=184	true	Over Where the Old Tires Are	1 molybdenum hammer|1 molybdenum crescent wrench|1 molybdenum pliers|1 molybdenum screwdriver
+Junkyard	adventure=185	true	Out By that Rusted-Out Car	1 molybdenum hammer|1 molybdenum crescent wrench|1 molybdenum pliers|1 molybdenum screwdriver
 IsleWar	adventure=136	true	Wartime Sonofa Beach	5 barrel of gunpowder|+3 figurine of a sleek seal
 IsleWar	adventure=126	true	Themthar Hills
 Farm	adventure=137	true	Barn

roippi

Developer
Maybe some magic word (tool?) could automatically match the appropriate goal since mafia is aware of which it needs?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Is there some reason to have the "wrong" tools listed in a particular area? Each tool is dropped by a specific kind of gremlin. We know there are two kinds of every gremlin (except the A.M.C. gremlin) - one with the tool and one without the tool. Until Yossarian asks you for a specific tool, you always meet the tool-less version of a gremlin.

Yossarian says "go get my screwdriver out by that rusted out car." We know that the vegetable gremlin drops the screwdriver and if you go "out by that rusted out car", you can meet either a tool-less or a tool-wielding vegetable gremlin. You can also find the vegetable gremlins is the other zones. Do we have any reason to believe that you can find a tool-wielding vegetable gremlin in any zone other than "out by that rusted out car" or at any time other when Yossarian has directed you to find the screwdriver?

Revision 10508 adds the "correct" tool to each area. Regardless of the answers to the above questions, I think that's good enough; we know that you can complete the quest by going to the "correct" areas - the ones Yossarian told you to search in.

Theraze

Thanks Veracity. :) I thought he said the same thing every time, but I don't know what behaviour is standard for me, and what everyone else experiences. The RL people I try to convince to play KoL all played with me back before 2005, and I can't convince them that KoL has changed enough since then to redraw their interests.

matt.chugg

Wow, i've done this quest so many times, and never noticed it was the same item in each area!

Thanks Veracity

slyz

Developer
I'm certain that I always do the areas in the same order, but I didn't remember if the tools were the same each time too.