Feature - Implemented Request: Add Note to Debug Log

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The "commit rights" only matter when you try to commit. Setting up a commit by editing files - and adding new ones - should be possible regardless.

What Veracity said :)

At this point you are making a patch to share with people who will build it locally and "check it out". Hopefully some of those people will be willing and able to commit your work to SourceForge :)

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
What Veracity said :)

At this point you are making a patch to share with people who will build it locally and "check it out". Hopefully some of those people will be willing and able to commit your work to SourceForge :)

Yep, I was overthinking it. You all are very patient with my "new guy" problems.

The first patch was created via command line svn diff > name.patch
The second patch was created via IntelliJ VCS>Create Patch from Local Changes..., so I could select and inspect the changes and not mix the dark mode stuff in with the debug menu stuff.

Hopefully this one is effective.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yep, I was overthinking it. You all are very patient with my "new guy" problems.

The first patch was created via command line svn diff > name.patch
The second patch was created via IntelliJ VCS>Create Patch from Local Changes..., so I could select and inspect the changes and not mix the dark mode stuff in with the debug menu stuff.

Hopefully this one is effective.

It is. The command line might have worked differently depending upon what the default/root directory was when you ran it, but in any event I got a patch, applied it, compiled it and it passed one test. Additional work is competing with an early Happy Hour ;-)