New Content - Implemented New Challenge Path - Avatar of Boris

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Thoughts/observations:

I should have predicted that the Avatar of Boris would be Class #11.

1 = Seal Clubber -> Skills 1XXX
2 = Turtle Tamer -> Skills 2XXX
3 = Pastamancer -> Skills 3XXX
4 = Sauceror -> Skills 4XXX
5 = Disco Bandit -> Skills 5XXX
6 = Accordion Thief -> Skills 6XXX
11 = Avatar of Boris -> Skills 11XXX

7XXX Skills are conditionally granted: equipped item, active effect, Moxious Maneuver, and so on
8XXX Skills are Bookshelf Skills

9XXX and 10XXX are unknown; we have no examples. Perhaps they will be Avatar of Jarlsberg and Avatar of Sneaky Pete!

Known things to be done for Avatar of Boris support:

- Fix the charpane.php decorator; if you have no active effects, counters are screwy
- Some skills are "Songs" - sort of like AT songs, but at most one can be active. Casting a second one cancels the first. This is probably best treated as a new skill category.
- Clancy tracking: level, instrument
- Modifiers granted by Clancy @ level X + instrument
- Skills that modify Minstrel Level
- Skill modifiers in general
- New monsters - mountain man in mines, for example.

Unknown (so-far) things to be done:

- Is Gourmand like passive milk? Do Gourmand, Song of the Glorious Lunch, and milk (softcore only) all stack?
- Consumption (adv, stats) data for summoned sandwiches
- What happens exactly, when you free the king? A G-D post says:

"When you break the prism, it asks you to change into a different class and you lose all boris skills. You get a Thwaitgold stag beetle statue. When you start a new AoB run, you get an extra skill point to spend at level 1."

Do you immediately regain your old skills, or do you have to recall them? Do you immediately get access to your bookshelf and terrarium?

"Extra skill point to spend at L1" - softcore. Is it different for hardcore? Is this a permanent cumulative boost - i.e., if you finish 10 Boris runs, do you get an extra 10 Skill points to start with in Boris runs - as if you had permed skills? That would be quite cool: it would be the equivalent of perming one skill per run, but you have flexibility to try different skill combos. If it is a cumulative boost, we should probably track it - like karma.

- What happens when you drop the path - is it like freeing the king with no rewards? Actually, looking at the Account page of Options, I don't see a place to drop the path. Interesting!

- Thwaitgold stag beetle statue.
- Perming skills? I expect not, since upon freeing the king you lose your Boris skills.

Winterbay

Thoughts/observations:

I should have predicted that the Avatar of Boris would be Class #11.

1 = Seal Clubber -> Skills 1XXX
2 = Turtle Tamer -> Skills 2XXX
3 = Pastamancer -> Skills 3XXX
4 = Sauceror -> Skills 4XXX
5 = Disco Bandit -> Skills 5XXX
6 = Accordion Thief -> Skills 6XXX
11 = Avatar of Boris -> Skills 11XXX

7XXX Skills are conditionally granted: equipped item, active effect, Moxious Maneuver, and so on
8XXX Skills are Bookshelf Skills

9XXX and 10XXX are unknown; we have no examples. Perhaps they will be Avatar of Jarlsberg and Avatar of Sneaky Pete!

My guess would be that Jarlsberg will be 13 and Sneaky Pete will be 15 (first corresponding class of that type + 10, but that is probably completely wrong :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We need few adjustments in the built-in Lair scripts. From the Wiki:
No star weapon is needed at the lair.
Trusty is made of stuff older than the stars, and makes short work of the cage.

You do not have to equip the shard:
You laugh as the beam of energy harmlessly bounces off your powerful chest muscles and shoots back down the hallway. You hear a muffled curse and the sound of breaking stone.

You need not fear the Sorceress's familiars:
Calling on all the Boris inside you, you emit a mighty bellow, and the sorceress's pet goes running. That takes care of that!

Winterbay

Any chance of getting the internal Guild-opening command to not try and open the muscle-guild when in Avatar of Boris? My Mafia seems bent on trying to get me into the muscle guild and I've failed to stop it before it ran out of adventures twice today and I have no idea why, but if the automatic guild-opening aborted it would at least solve the symptom :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I could say "don't do that!" - and I will. Don't run scripts that automatically try to open the guild.

However, Revision 10540 will punt early if such a script tries to open the guild in Axecore.

Winterbay

I could say "don't do that!" - and I will. Don't run scripts that automatically try to open the guild.

However, Revision 10540 will punt early if such a script tries to open the guild in Axecore.

I totally agree on that part, and thanks for the quick fix. The responsible script has been most forcefully changed to not do that anymore.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Known things to be done for Avatar of Boris support:

Skills
- Modifiers for passive skills
- Minstrel Level
- Songs - new skill category.
- Gourmand is passive milk. Gourmand, Song of the Glorious Lunch, and milk all stack

Items:
- consumption data for sandwiches

Clancy:
- track level & instrument
- modifiers from Clancy @ level X + instrument

Monsters
- mountain man in mines
- climax

Freeing the king
- what to do with skills, terrarium, and so on?

GValko

I can't imagine to do much with freeing the king. Freeing him is the equivalent of recalling your ancestral memories after completing a Bad Moon run. You lose all your Boris skills and get your old terrarium and skillset back.

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/End_of_the_Boris_Road

Also would you mind possibly turning Laugh it Off into something you can MP burn? If I'm not using a song, it'll turn my excess MP regen into HP regen.

It might be also worth redoing some of the default goals for a zone. If we don't need a wand, you don't need any of the component parts. We also don't need a star weapon.

GValko

Also regarding the effects, it appears that the initial spading from AFH was getting kicked around /hc.

Song of solitude is "Monsters are way less attracted to you" which translates to -20%? combat encounters.

Song of battle is Weapon Damage +100% and "Monsters are way more attracted to you" which would suggest +20% combat encounters.

Song of Fortune is +25% item, +50% meat

Song of Cockiness is +30 ML

Overconfident is +30 ML

One other thing AoB-related...

KoLmafia's trying to steal when doing automated adventuring, when it can't (and shouldn't) because Muscle classes cannot pickpocket.
The results in a message in the gCLI every time this happens about KoLmafia thinking it's round 2 while KoL thinks it's round 1.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
One other thing AoB-related...
Why do you think this is AoB related?

KoLmafia's trying to steal when doing automated adventuring, when it can't (and shouldn't) because Muscle classes cannot pickpocket.
KoLmafia doesn't try to steal things unless you've told it to do that. What did you tell it to do to make it think it should steal? Do you have "try to steal an item" in your CCS? Do you have the "steal" special combat action selected?

Regardless, I see an "isMoxieClass" in the check for whether KoLmafia will try to steal when KoLmafia is executing combat round by round. Perhaps it is not taking that into account when it Macrofies a battle.

Perhaps you should write up a clear bug report on a new thread, since this has nothing to do with Axecore.

The results in a message in the gCLI every time this happens about KoLmafia thinking it's round 2 while KoL thinks it's round 1.
Which is harmless. The bad steal attempt didn't even take a combat round, as you can tell by the message; KoL did not advance it.

I've considered removing the message, since there is at least one other bug report on this forum complaining about it.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
My logout script uses get_property("tomeSummons").to_int() to determine if Clip Art can be summoned. It is returning 3 for the character in Boriscore. Obviously I could wrap the whole thing in a test against have_skill but does it make sense to have Boriscore set tomeSummons to zero? I'm asking, not suggesting since I suspect there are precedents already set and I just don't know what they are.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What does your script do in Bad Moon, which also doesn't give you your bookshelf?

It is always appropriate to only cast a skill if you have the skill; that is what KoLmafia does internally. If your script tries to summon, we won't even try.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I can't imagine to do much with freeing the king. Freeing him is the equivalent of recalling your ancestral memories after completing a Bad Moon run. You lose all your Boris skills and get your old terrarium and skillset back.
Yes. That is exactly what I meant when I said "what to do with skills, terrarium, and so on?". That is a placeholder for deciding exactly which pages we need to visit: charsheet (for skills), terrarium (for familiars), "and so on".

Thanks for the link.

Also would you mind possibly turning Laugh it Off into something you can MP burn? If I'm not using a song, it'll turn my excess MP regen into HP regen.
Mana Burning is used to maintain effects. Laugh It Off is not an effect. This request is the equivalent of saying "burn mana by casting Tongue of the Otter (or another healing skill) if I am less than 100% HP".

This would be a pretty big change to mana burning, if we did this generally, or a kludgy special case, otherwise. It's not something I will consider in this thread.

It might be also worth redoing some of the default goals for a zone. If we don't need a wand, you don't need any of the component parts. We also don't need a star weapon.
We have no support for path-specific default goals. Again, that would be a big change, and I will not consider it as part of "AoB support".

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What does your script do in Bad Moon, which also doesn't give you your bookshelf?

It is always appropriate to only cast a skill if you have the skill; that is what KoLmafia does internally. If your script tries to summon, we won't even try.

I have not done a Bad Moon run since I started using script but since I was looking for a precedent, I have found one ;-)

Thanks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
My logout script uses get_property("tomeSummons").to_int() to determine if Clip Art can be summoned. It is returning 3 for the character in Boriscore.
This confuses me. "tomeSummons" is "the number of times you have used a tome today". It is not "the number of times you can use a tome today". If your script gets tomeSummons=3, it should conclude that it cannot use the tome any more today, right? If your script is calculating (tomeSummons - 3) to determine "the number of times you can use a tome today", that is a script issue.

My Axecore character returns tomeSummons=0.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Mana Burning is used to maintain effects. Laugh It Off is not an effect. This request is the equivalent of saying "burn mana by casting Tongue of the Otter (or another healing skill) if I am less than 100% HP".
For reference: you can easily do this in your own betweenBattleScript.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This confuses me. "tomeSummons" is "the number of times you have used a tome today". It is not "the number of times you can use a tome today". If your script gets tomeSummons=3, it should conclude that it cannot use the tome any more today, right? If your script is calculating (tomeSummons - 3) to determine "the number of times you can use a tome today", that is a script issue.

My Axecore character returns tomeSummons=0.

I misspoke. The return is zero and the script is using 3 - value which is what I was fixated on. If I had thought things through I would have asked a different question? I should really let the coffee get into my system before I post, shouldn't I. As for my original problem I now check have_skill so I am not banging the server for prices when I can't use them.

While I have your attention, has there been enough spading on the club sandwich to update its fullness data?

I would like a link to Boris's Gate every time I gain a level, please. And a static one somewhere, maybe at the town council.