New Content - Implemented New Challenge Path - Avatar of Boris

GValko

Bunch of new skills to parse through at the time being.

The liver limit for this path is only 5. Not 15. (if you can fix this please strike the request from the topic)

No mystical bookshelf access.

No familiars, 100% familiar run checker is kind of messed up.

GValko

Oh yeah did I mention that there's an entirely new class and that its kind of breaking all sorts of Mafia tracking functionality? Because there is. And it is.

Bale

Minion
For Avatar of Boris, my_primestat() should return $stat[Muscle]

I mention this because it would be very helpful for newLife.ash

Yes, it has been confirmed that muscle is the necessary stat for leveling up in this class.

mstieler

Also, Stomach is baseline 20, with a skill for +5, and gets Stomach of Steel for another +5.

Also also, more combat skills (which Mafia doesn't recognize and dislikes seeing in CCS).

And yes, the primestat thing is helpful, because otherwise, Mafia is running off Moxie or Myst, one of the two, and showing as a lower level than you actually are.

GValko

Regarding the new summon item skill - Demand Sandwich. According to reports on the forums, it works like a sack lunch and gives better food as your level increases. So it really shouldn't get tagged as a breakfast option.

And yes, the primestat thing is helpful, because otherwise, Mafia is running off Moxie or Myst, one of the two, and showing as a lower level than you actually are.

It's running off of Moxie. I'm presuming that however Mafia determines your main stat defaults to Moxie.

(I have 10 muscle, 4 mysticality, 5 moxie, Mafia thinks I'm level 2.)

Last edited:

GValko

Initial skills support.

Pep talk is a bit weird, I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but the wiki notes seem to make it out to be some sort of triggerable intrinsic effect.

Not entirely sure about Song Duration quite yet. However Good Singing Voice does double the duration of those songs.

Code:
# Skills available to Avatars of Boris
11000	Mighty Axing	5	0	0
# Fighting
11001	Cleave	5	5	0
11002	Ferocity	0	0	0
11003	Broadside	5	10	0
11004	Sick Pythons	0	0	0
11005	Pep Talk	3	1	1
11006	Throw Trusty	5	7	0
11007	Legendary Luck	0	0	0
11008	Song of Cockiness	3	5	20
11009	Legendary Impatience	0	0	0
11010	Bifurcating Blow	5	10	0
# Yelling
11011	Intimidating Bellow	5	3	0
11012	Legendary Bravado	0	0	0
11013	Song of Accompaniment	3	10	20
11014	Big Lungs	0	0	0
11015	Song of Solitude	3	15	20
11016	Good Singing Voice	0	0	0
11017	Song of Fortune	3	10	20
11018	Louder Bellows	0	0	0
11019	Song of Battle	3	10	20
11020	Banishing Shout	5	50	0
# Eating
11021	Demand Sandwich	1	5	0
11022	Legendary Girth	0	0	0
11023	Song of the Glorious Lunch	3	10	5
11024	Big Boned	0	0	0
11025	Legendary Appetite	0	0	0
11026	Heroic Belch	5	5	0
11027	Hungry Eyes	0	0	0
11028	More to Love	0	0	0
11029	Barrel Chested	0	0	0
11030	Gourmand	0	0	0
# Healing
11031	Laugh It Off	0	0	0

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm about to jump into the Gash. I'll ascend as an Avatar of Boris. Hopefully, I'll make a commit in a couple of hours which will have the basics, at least.

GValko

I'm about to jump into the Gash. I'll ascend as an Avatar of Boris. Hopefully, I'll make a commit in a couple of hours which will have the basics, at least.

Well you'll probably have to wait on the higher level songs and effects to be honest.

Boris's Gate in the Dungeoneer's Association is the skill trainer. You should be able to see all the skills and get the MP costs and/or passive abilities from there. The other 2 skills are the trivial skills you start off with.

The problem with the higher level songs and combat skills is that you get a rank to use in being a better Boris for every level. So to get say, the Song of Battle, you have to get to at least level 9.

Although there's probably a good chance that there's some perm mechanic for the skills later on.

edit:

Should also note that while there are new items, right now I can only think of about 5 or so and none of them are particularly great so meh

Last edited:

Shookster

Code Review - Preliminary support for Avatar of Boris

Hi all,

I impemented some preliminary support for the new Avatar of Boris challenge path. I'm not quite sure how to register for repository write access, so I thought I'd just post it here. In the future, is there a better way of submitting proposed changes from untested developers such as myself? Is there some sort of git pull request system in place?

Here is my proposed commit message as well as a patch file:

View attachment AvatarOfBoris.patch
Code:
Preliminary support for Avatar of Boris including:
  Eating to 20 fullness
  Support for Legendary Appetite skill (untested)
  Drink limit of 5

Changed path query to use api.php instead of account.php. While I have tested this works for Avatar of Boris and No Path, I have no way of checking this for other paths.

If anyone has any comments about my first checkin or my code in general, feel free to contact me in game as Shookster.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm only about 50 turns into day one as an Avatar of Boris. I have plenty more to go, I hope, since I have Fullness 2 and Inebriety 2, but I figured I'd check in what I've done so far to support this.

Revision 10599 has:

- Recognize path as Avatar of Boris
- Recognize character class as Avatar of Boris
- No fax machine or bookshelf
- It's a Muscle class, but no Guild
- 32 new skills
- In the Gear Changer, no familiars in Axecore (redundant, since Terrarium doesn't show you any)
- In the Gear Changer, only weapon choice is (none) and Trusty
- In the Gear Changer, no offhands allowed. (I did not check if you could have no weapon and a shield, since I don't think there's any reason to NOT have Trusty equipped)
- No 100% familiar run check in Relay Browser
- new items: Clancy's sackbut and Clancy's crumhorn (from Wiki; I have not seen them yet)
- new foods: PB&BP and club sandwich (again, from Wiki; I have Demand Sandwich, but I haven't cast it yet. I'm trying to hold out until I am level 5)

I see that my fortune cookie counters are in a weird place when I have no effects and no familiar. I will look at that, by and by.
And I am sure there are other things that will need to go in, but I think this hits all the show stoppers.

Note that I learned two skills from the Statue of Boris, so far. The URLs:

da.php?whichtree=3&action=borisskill
You learned a new skill: Demand Sandwich
You learned a new skill: Legendary Girth

As you can see, it correctly picked up the skills.

stannius

- In the Gear Changer, no offhands allowed. (I did not check if you could have no weapon and a shield, since I don't think there's any reason to NOT have Trusty equipped)

Confirmed that you cannot equip a shield. You get the same message "Boris has no need of lesser weapons. Trusty is all you need." as you do when trying to equip a weapon.

Shookster

I'm only about 50 turns into day one as an Avatar of Boris. I have plenty more to go, I hope, since I have Fullness 2 and Inebriety 2, but I figured I'd check in what I've done so far to support this.

Revision 10599 has:

- Recognize path as Avatar of Boris
- Recognize character class as Avatar of Boris
- No fax machine or bookshelf
- It's a Muscle class, but no Guild
- 32 new skills
- In the Gear Changer, no familiars in Axecore (redundant, since Terrarium doesn't show you any)
- In the Gear Changer, only weapon choice is (none) and Trusty
- No 100% familiar run check in Relay Browser
- new items: Clancy's sackbut and Clancy's crumhorn (from Wiki; I have not seen them yet)
- new foods: PB&BP and club sandwich (again, from Wiki; I have Demand Sandwich, but I haven't cast it yet. I'm trying to hold out until I am level 5)

I see that my fortune cookie counters are in a weird place when I have no effects and no familiar. I will look at that, by and by.
And I am sure there are other things that will need to go in, but I think this hits all the show stoppers.

Note that I learned two skills from the Statue of Boris, so far. The URLs:

You learned a new skill: Demand Sandwich
You learned a new skill: Legendary Girth

As you can see, it correctly picked up the skills.

Great! I was hoping to quickly put something in for those who may accidently overdrink, but your changes include much more than this! Thanks! :)

Bale

Minion
I'd like to make a request for this challenge path since it will make some scripting easier. I know that Clancy is technically not a familiar, but I would appreciate if he was implemented that way.

my_familiar() == $familiar[Clancy]
Clancy's level would be familiar_weight()
Clancy's equiped item would be familiar_equipment()

The only real oddball would be $familiar[Clancy].image since that changes. I suppose you could just leave it blank and let scripts cope with that.

Theraze

The only real oddball would be $familiar[Clancy].image since that changes. I suppose you could just leave it blank and let scripts cope with that.

Unless mafia updates the .image as familiar_equipment is changed... could just be a part of updating the various stats, it also changes the image.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'd like to make a request for this challenge path since it will make some scripting easier. I know that Clancy is technically not a familiar, but I would appreciate if he was implemented that way.

my_familiar() == $familiar[Clancy]
Clancy's level would be familiar_weight()

I think that should wait until people start freeing the king. If you somehow get both Clancy and a familiar, then something different has to be done. Or maybe there will need to be detection for losing Clancy.