data files

I thought I remember mafia filling in data from files that was missing:
That is to say, if the map is int[string, int] and a particular line was "hello 1" it would read that in and assign it 0. But it's not working for me in this instance.

I'm trying to read a list of words in, which is just [string] but I can't trick mafia into letting me read them.

Is there another method of reading a data file? It's rather large and going through and adding a tab to the end of every line would kill me.

Bale

Minion
Is there another method of reading a data file? It's rather large and going through and adding a tab to the end of every line would kill me.

To solve the problem of adding a tab to the end of every line, get a free text editor that will allow you to search and replace regular expressions, like EditPad. Search for $ and replace with \t0$

I'm full of solutions. Just not the solutions you're hoping for. :)

Last edited:
To solve the problem of adding a tab to the end of every line, get a free text editor that will allow you to search and replace regular expressions, like EditPad. Search for $ and replace with \t0$

I'm full of solutions. Just not the solutions you're hoping for. :)

I feel like a tard. I use PN, and I use the regex search and replace feature all the time... for some reason whitespace always slips through my minds "hey, you can tool that..." filter. THANK YOU.

Nope. I've looked into making one, but can't seem to find the tools (can't remember what it was called now... CT... something...) but C/C++ highlighting is sufficient. Only times it has issues is with apostrophes in $string[] constants.