New Content - Implemented Tome of Clip Art

Bale

Minion
Okay, the trick here is how they heck should this be implemented? Casting the skill doesn't just summon an item. You have to choose which item to summon.

That makes it tricky for breakfast implementation. Perhaps we shouldn't implement it for breakfast at all? If someone wants to use their tome for breakfast it might be best if they learn how to use a login script.

Similarly "cast 3 summon clip art" doesn't work either.

Perhaps the tome should be a creation method? Then we can "create Box of Familiar Jacks‎" and mafia will summon that particular set of clip art if you have a tome summons left.

Thoughts?

matt.chugg

@Bale implimentation may have to wait, its not useable as a skill yet

cdm says:
It won't show up as a skill... yet. Tonight or tomorrow, forgot to add that, and it works differently than other tomes, so it's going to take some doing.

I guess everything we find out should go here..

Code:
5223 Tome of Clip Art usable all 0
5223 574526290 book3.gif Tome of Clip Art

5224 Ur-Donut food all 30
5224 517311708 powderdonut.gif Ur-Donut

5225 The Bomb none, combat all 30
5225 779127476 bigbomb.gif The Bomb

5226 box of Familiar Jacks usable all 30
5226 197797892 famjacks.gif box of Familiar Jacks

5227 bucket of wine drink all 30
5227 977325030 pail.gif bucket of wine

5228 ultrafondue food all 30
5228 599765578 fonduepot.gif ultrafondue

5230 oversized snowflake none, combat all 30
5230 734400982 snowflake.gif oversized snowflake

5268 holy bomb, batman none, combat all 30
5268 157921711 bomb.gif holy bomb, batman

5270 chocolate frosted sugar bomb none, combat all 30
5270 687495019 bigbomb.gif chocolate frosted sugar bomb

5274 boozebomb none, combat all 30
5274 738824353 bomb.gif boozebomb

5280 4:20 bomb none, combat all 30
5280 682959289 clockbomb.gif 4:20 bomb

There's other items coming to light, one of which is a cheesburger which changes the wording, which is going to effect a couple of regex

from gd:
You can has 10 muskewlairtees.
You can has 5 mistikkaltees.
You can has 13 mawksees.

noteworthy: failed combination does NOT use a summon,

Forgot to turn debug logs on, but i'll remember tomorrow!

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
@Bale implimentation may have to wait, its not useable as a skill yet

It is still worth discussing how it should be implemented.

There's other items coming to light, one of which is a cheesburger which changes the wording, which is going to effect a couple of regex

Yes, Can Haz is not new. Look at O Hai and Can Has Cyborger. We already know all about "muskewlairtees", "mistikkaltees", and "mawksees".

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Perhaps the tome should be a creation method? Then we can "create Box of Familiar Jacks‎" and mafia will summon that particular set of clip art if you have a tome summons left.
This looks promising.

roippi

Developer
I agree, this should probably be a creation method. It should also probably at least have it's own ClipArtManager class for programmatic sanity.

I'm not.. entirely sure if we can integrate it with Breakfast.

Since this will almost certainly take a few days to fully spade out, we can certainly have this discussion in the interim.

There's also a number of new items that probably deserve a bit of special mention. There's one that "steals" 20 adventures from your next rollover (i.e. you get an immediate +20 but you get 20 fewer from rollover). Use of that should probably be tracked. There's a +5 adv accessory that requires no weapons be equipped; I'm wondering on the specifics of this. Is it equippable with weapons but you don't get the bonus adventures? Or is it not equippable at all if you're wielding weapons, and vice versa?

Winterbay

I'm going to assume that you can equip it but you don't get the bonus. Will have to wait until tomorrow to summon anything to test though :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think it's something new.

- It's not a coin master, because you don't trade "tokens" for items - unless the "token" is "one daily summon costing up to 2 MP".
- It's not a normal Creation method since you don't craft ingredients - items with item IDs - into the result
- It COULD be a creation method if we allowed "virtual items" - skull, kitten, hammer, etc.
- It COULD be a creation method if we allowed creations with 0 Ingredients and built in the knowledge of how to create such-and-such right into the creation method code.
- It's a summoning skill - but unlike every previous skill, it requires additional parameters.

I haven't bought the item yet so I haven't seen the required URLs.

Here's how I see the required work. It starts out easy:

- Add the item and all of the items you can craft with it to tradeitems.txt and itemdescs.txt
- Add the new effects to statuseffects.txt
- Add regular "tome" code to detect it on the bookshelf, track daily usages in a setting, and so on.

But then, it's not obvious what to do.

- I don't think we want the skill available on the Skill tab since you can't simply cast it for 2 MP.
- Similarly, "cast Summon Clip Art" (and the ASH equivalent) is meaningless
- It would be nice to be able to say "create <item>" and have that turn into the appropriate skill usage + parameters
- It's easy to add a new Creation method to KoLConstants and ConcoctionDatabase and to subclass CreateItemRequest into ClipArtRequest to do it - but what do you put into concoctions.txt? My suggestion:

Code:
Cheezburger	CLIPART
i.e., NO ingredients. ClipArtRequest.java would have a table mapping item ID to the required parameters.

- Breakfast? Let people use "create xxx" in their breakfast scripts, if they want to do this.
- How to make the skill NOT available to the Skill tab and the "cast" command and such? Good question!

Looks like a fair bit of work - and a good project for one of the newer developers. ;)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
A couple more
Unknown item found: 4:20 bomb (5280, 682959289)
--------------------
5280 4:20 bomb none, combat all 30
5280 682959289 clockbomb.gif 4:20 bomb
# 4:20 bomb
--------------------
Unknown item found: boozebomb (5274, 738824353)
--------------------
5274 boozebomb none, combat all 30
5274 738824353 bomb.gif boozebomb
# boozebomb
--------------------
Unknown item found: chocolate frosted sugar bomb (5270, 687495019)
--------------------
5270 chocolate frosted sugar bomb none, combat all 30
5270 687495019 bigbomb.gif chocolate frosted sugar bomb
# chocolate frosted sugar bomb
--------------------
Unknown item found: holy bomb, batman (5268, 157921711)
--------------------
5268 holy bomb, batman none, combat all 30
5268 157921711 bomb.gif holy bomb, batman
# holy bomb, batman
--------------------

- Add the item and all of the items you can craft with it to tradeitems.txt and itemdescs.txt
- Add the new effects to statuseffects.txt
- Add regular "tome" code to detect it on the bookshelf, track daily usages in a setting, and so on.
Yay!
But then, it's not obvious what to do.
D'aw.

I really like the "create" method, as it seems like it'd be the most apt already existing (sorta) method for a scripter/user to work with. And I'm not exactly sure but it seems like it'd be easiest on the Java side as well.
- How to make the skill NOT available to the Skill tab and the "cast" command and such? Good question!
I'm guessing it's a basic design principal to avoid hardcoded specific cases where possible.
This can't be the first skill that can't be "cast".
I'm not sure what all the flags are, or if one -must- be set, but couldn't you just not label it as a summon/noncombat skill?
Chat-based /cast works, but due to the interface, I'm guessing we don't want it to be doable via gCLI.

matt.chugg

updated my first post in thread (#2) to include fronobulaxs 3 items, and another 3 I got today

i'll look into adding these in myself, but is a patch easier than someone else with commit priveliges adding them directly?

I like to try and be useful, and I figure adding new items should be a simple procedure, then the devs can concentrate on the more interesting problems!
Is there (in the bits of the forum I can't see) a procedure for adding new items written down?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
It's a shame that KoLmafia won't generate override data based on a mall search. (I can click on the item description in a store, but mafia doesn't examine the item properly unless it is in my inventory.) It'd be a snap to get data on all 60 items if it could automatically grab the data from clicking item description that way.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It's a shame that KoLmafia won't generate override data based on a mall search. (I can click on the item description in a store, but mafia doesn't examine the item properly unless it is in my inventory.) It'd be a snap to get data on all 60 items if it could automatically grab the data from clicking item description that way.
Mafia used to generate overrides from searching for items mafia doesn't recognize (from within mafia) but now mafia won't do a mall search unless the search term matches a known item name.

Winterbay

Another one not in the list in post two:
Code:
Unknown item found: time halo (5237, 277862470)
--------------------
5237     time halo accessory all 30
5237 277862470 timehalo.gif time halo
time     halo 0 none
time halo Adventures: +5, Class: "none", Single Equip

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's a shame that KoLmafia won't generate override data based on a mall search.
It does. Go to the Purchases tab and search for "clock", for example.

mafia won't do a mall search unless the search term matches a known item name.
That is not true, never has been true, and can't be true. Otherwise you couldn't search for "sword" or "Pok" or whatever and see the prices for all swords or all Pokemann cards, for example.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
As far as I can recall, the items I listed above were generated when I did a mall search on "bomb", so I'm not sure I'd agree that a mall search does not generate overrides.

If someone posts a patch file with the new items and so on, I'll check it in. If no one else has done so by the time I get a big chunk of free time then I'll do the legwork and the editing and the check in.

My instinct is that treating the skill and items as a new type of creation is the way to go although I have not thought it all the way through and have no answers/opinions on veracity's other points.

14.8? Given the complexity of the ITOM I'm wondering whether spinning a new release once the items and skills are in place is the way to go. I admit my motivation is somewhat self-serving because the next mafia release will eliminate some version control issues with EatDrink ;-) But there is kind of a natural break between when mafia knows about something and when it can effectively manipulate that thing.