Aquire command not working

RogerMexico

There has been some discussion of SC stocking scripts in the forums, so I thought I'd give it a try on my SC multi. First time attempting to use the "acquire" command. Help says it checks if I have it, and buys or crafts if I don't.

If I have the item in hagnk's, it pulls it. So far so good. If I don't have the item and need to buy it, it does nothing.

For example:

acquire 5 unicorn sticker

Pulling items from storage...
You need 2 more scratch 'n' sniff unicorn sticker to continue.

"acquire 4 polka pop" gets no response at all. But regardless of what item I try to "acquire" it only pulls from hagnk's, never purchases from the mall. I tried checking "Buy items from the mall whenever needed" and that did not help. The "buy" command works, but at that point I am buying everything manually.

I've tried logging out and back in, hit refresh session. Once I got a message "Skipping stale data override: data/tradeitems.txt" but I'm not sure what to do with that.

I have broken the prism and have 12 million meat on hand. Any ideas?

slyz

Developer
Did you allow Mafia to buy items from the mall in Preferences -> General ?

EDIT: Doh... you did.

Maybe Mafia thinks you are still in Ronin for some reason? Maybe your autoBuyPriceLimit is too low? What do you get when you type those in the gCLI:

get autoSatisfyWithMall
get autoBuyPriceLimit
get kingLiberated
ash can_interact()

Last edited:

RogerMexico

true, 20000, true, true.

Logged out and back in again a fifth time, and now it is working again. Usually I would say doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity, but in this case it worked.

The blank response was simply because I already had the polka pops, but it finally went and purchased those stickers. I did get four separate messages about the skipping stale data override this time. I wonder if there is something wrong with my tradeitems.txt, how would I know, and what can I do to fix it?