Feature - Implemented Hit main.php on login to receive pen-pal message.

HippoKing

The pen pal sends out your message the first time of the day you hit main.php. At the moment, mafia never does this automatically, and if you do it manually after login, mafia is unaware of the items you've received.

If main.php is hit before the inventory is retrieved (either every login, or just the first login of the day), everything would be awesome.

Darzil

Developer
I guess we could then flag up that that character has a pen pal, enabling bcc's profile tool to add it.

Theraze

This would also make it receive items like the Cell 37 prisoner reward and any other such automations in time for inventory checking to save bunch of server hits later...

roippi

Developer
I'd generally approve as well.

My only thought is there may be an edge case where someone logs in after rollover, is almost level 5 or 10, and wants to bump up their level to the new tier before hitting main.php.

Bale

Minion
My only thought is there may be an edge case where someone logs in after rollover, is almost level 5 or 10, and wants to bump up their level to the new tier before hitting main.php.

Mafia does not currently support that. It will currently hit main.php after checking inventory. That means it will collect the Pen Pal item for you, but won't record the item as part of inventory.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia does not currently support that. It will currently hit main.php after checking inventory. That means it will collect the Pen Pal item for you, but won't record the item as part of inventory.

I think roippi is saying that someone might want to use a set of jacks or consume an item or something along those lines before main.php is loaded for the day so they can level up. The fact that it's possible to do that seems like a KoL bug, but I doubt it will be fixed.

Winterbay

Well, if you play the game "normally" you wouldn't be able to bypass going to main.php when you log in so...

roippi

Developer
Eh yeah after thinking about it, it would feel like exploiting a bug to do that. I was just thinking out loud and probably shouldn't have brought it up.

Ranrar

Pen Pal not being recognized

Please visit main.php before checking the api at login/ascension in order to pick up pen pal items.
Also, Thanks for mafia. Freaking amazing.

Bale

Minion
Just want to mention that on ascension it currently does hit main.php before checking api.

It is only after rollover that it fails to get the new Pen Pal item.

Theraze

Since users can just add "text main.php" or "ashq visit_url("main.php")" to their login scripts if they want to process these at login, does this still rate for consideration?

Bale

Minion
I've always done that in my loginScript. However, I see no reason why that should be necessary in order to trigger KoL features. That much should work right out of the box.