Feature - Implemented Misprice catcher

2xMachina

Can we get a misprice catcher for the store?

Say, we can set a % in preference, so that, when we put below market price by that much, it'll prompt, "Are you sure you want to sell at X?"

Edir

After a bad experience today, I'm bumping(well, necroing?) this *really* hard .
Would be really sweet, because mispricing important stuff and having it snatched sucks :(

Instead of mall price, could also check the previous price(as long as it's not 9999...).

slyz

Developer
Here is a simple patch which, when you click the "save prices" button, checks if there is an item which you priced at more than 100k meat but less than 10% of the cheapest in mall. This way, the check is done only for items whose mall value is 1m meat or more.

When there is one such item, a pop will ask you if you wish to continue. If you say no, the new prices won't be submitted. You will then be able to correct the price and use the "save prices" button again.

If you continue, you item will become the cheapest in the mall, and Mafia shouldn't warn you again.

I'll let Hola or Veracity go over my patch before committing it.

Attachments

• misprice_catcher.patch
    1.2 KB · Views: 38

Edir

Thanks slyz if my mistake indirectly causes this to go in Mafia it would be REALLY nice as a consolation.
Some thoughts on your patch itself, although I haven't tried it:

checks if there is an item which you priced at more than 100k meat but less than 10% of the cheapest in mall.
Does this mean if I price it below 100k meat(so even worse misprice) it won't check? Wouldn't it be better to check every item? Or does the 100k check refer to item mall value(which would make more sens to me)?
Also, you'd want 10% OR less, since just less might not protect you from skipping a single digit.

holatuwol

Developer
Well, there are people who use KoLmafia to do something like 10 meat sales (or whatever the equivalent is these days), and you don't want to prompt people too many times for that.

Instead of doing that, maybe we could go back and format all the items with commas for everything when you finalize the edit and color it red if it's less than 80% of the current mall price. That'll draw attention as people edit without annoying people with pop-up boxes.

slyz

Developer
Well, there are people who use KoLmafia to do something like 10 meat sales (or whatever the equivalent is these days), and you don't want to prompt people too many times for that.
With the numbers I used (price > 100k meat and price < 0.1*cheapest), only items that cost more than 1m in the mall should trigger the warning. And not many people do 100 meat sales on those.

I like the color-coding idea though. We could have green if (price <= cheapest), orange if (price <= cheapest*0.8), red if (price <= cheapest*0.5).

With the numbers I used (price > 100k meat and price < 0.1*cheapest), only items that cost more than 1m in the mall should trigger the warning.

While this is true, it's certainly not inclusive of all mistakes (items that cost more than 1m but are accidentally SEVERELY underpriced). While I'd like to assume that people won't leave out -two- digits, it's possible to do, and if you're going to Windows-Prompt people from making mistakes, wouldn't it be logical to stop them from making BIGGER mistakes?

slyz

Developer
Oh, I see. I should check for cheapest > 1m directly.

EDIT: here's the new patch.

Attachments

• misprice_catcher.patch
    1.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Edir

So this going in one of the next builds? Would really look forward to it. Could be off by default to avoid annoying some people who don't care about it.