Bug - Cannot Reproduce Chat repeatedly printing " Currently listening to channels: clan"

drakono82

Would there be a reason why mafia is spitting this out every 8 seconds (or so) onto the chat pane?
Currently listening to channels:
clan

Currently listening to channels:
clan
Logging in without mafia isn't doing it. Did I screw up a setting, or is this related to the build (9197)?

drakono82

Okay, turns out part of this was a stupid error on my part. I'd been in the /slimetube channel (and listening to /clan) before whitelisting to a clan without a Slime Tube, stayed for rollover, then whitelisted back in to my home clan. So I suppose I had been forced into the /normal channel, but mafia hadn't picked up on that? It still seems like a bug to me that it would print out that message repeatedly, but I had definitely put the game into an unusual state.

slyz

Developer
You don't restart Mafia after RO? I wonder how many people do that, it always seemed to me that restarting after RO was the logical thing to do ^^

drakono82

Sorry, I can see where you got that impression, but I absolutely did restart mafia. Repeatedly. The issue persisted. I didn't get into all the details, but I'd logged off and closed mafia for several hours before rollover. I only meant that I spent rollover in the other clan. Then started up mafia the next day, and saw this problem.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Oh, sorry then.

I never had any problem when switching between clans where the slimetube is closed, but I think I'm always in /clan and listening to /slimetube.

Arashmin

I've the latest version of Mafia, and I've been repeatedly getting this bug. It led to me trying to clear out everything and reinitialize, but that didn't seem to fix the issue.

The channel I'm listening to when switching between clans is, aptly, /clan. There's no /slimetube or /hobopolis channels in the clan I'm transferring from at the start of each day, so I don't reside myself in those channels. I do reside in /clan because, quite frankly, I don't want to have to see a whole bunch of conversations when I'm trying to ascend. It seems that the issue is also carrying over to the native interface for all logins unless I clear the cache on my browser.

It's worth asking: Are you using KoLmafia's internal chat or relay browser chat? I ALWAYS use relay chat... so if this is occurring in the internal chat I don't want to check to see if I can reproduce it :p