This is my first attempt at ASH coding, so any and all suggestions and comments -- including "are you taking new medication or something?" -- are most welcome
This script is designed to complement Illarion's NeoStasis script by providing some between-round adjustments to help keep you at the stasis "sweet spot" for the area you just adventured at, and to help you burn off the excess mana that you'll inevitably collect if you're running stasis for a while without a PBS.
To get the most out of the script, I recommend that you don't run it until you've adventured at least once in the area you want to burn turns in. All of the MCD management is set to trigger from my_location() -- the last area you adventured in -- and you'll get a turn of poor results if you just start running the script before that datum is set properly.
v1.4 - Update 5-4-07
* Complete overhaul of stat adjustment functions to provide better accuracy
v1.3 - Update 4-13-07
* Added functions to guide user on how to adjust defense stat using skills, items, and gear (all WIP)
* Fixed more infinite-loop condition errors
* Created library of functions for converting items to effects and vice versa
v1.2 - Update 4-10-07
* Changed user prompt logic to be less intrusive
* Started work on defense stat balancer
* Fixed infinite-loop bug on buff failure
v1.1 - Update 4-9-07
* Improved buff-casting logic
* Added user input to help manage extreme MCD cases
v1.0 - Initial release
Current features include:
* If you have MCD access, adjusts MCD to the best setting for the area
* Allows you to choose whether "best setting" means average monster power for the area, or low monster power for the area
* Manages a maximum and minimum threshhold for your MP ... if you go over the maximum %, the script will cast a user-defined group of buffs for you, while keeping your MP over the minimum %
I'm currently reusing a few functions from NeoStasis and from Tyvek's "Between Violence" script, and I'm truly grateful for both of those scripts. See "References" below for links to the latest versions of both.
* Make gear adjustments to keep muscle/moxie at the sweet spots for your skillset
* Figure out a workaround to stop the script from making MCD adjustments when you switch areas
Illarion's NeoStasis script
Tyken's Between Violence script[hr]Sorry for the double-post, but this script has undergone enough serious revisions that I wanted to call attention to the new stuff. The biggest change is that the script is starting to develop some intelligence around how you might keep your defense stat at the perfect "sweet spot" for a given area. I'm expecting that in the next release, I'll have enough confidence in those functions to allow the script to actually take action to fix your stat in between battles -- i.e., by casting skills, using items on hand, and/or changing your gear.
The code has gotten pretty unwieldy, so any suggestions on how to make things more elegant would be very much appreciated. This ASH stuff is still new to me, and I'm sure there are control structures that I don't know about yet. Comments would be much appreciated!