Folding my Loathing Legion knife

Bale

Minion
While waiting for mafia to support folding the Loathing Legion knife, I decided to knock out a script to handle it. Sadly my script does not work and I'm hoping someone can tell me why. This will probably become meaningless in a few days when the fold command works on the knife, but I'm still curious what my problem is:

PHP:
boolean fold_knife(item doodad) {
	if(available_amount(doodad) < 1) {
		string fold_to = doodad.to_string().replace_string(" ", "+");
		for i from 4908 to 4928
			if(i.to_item().available_amount() > 0) {
				visit_url("inv_use.php?pwd="+my_hash()+"&which=4&whichitem="+i);
				visit_url("inv_use.php?whichitem="+i+"&pwd="+my_hash()+"&switch=1&eq=0&fold="+fold_to);
				return true;
			}
		return false;
	}
	return true;
}

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
1) The first visit_url() isn't needed
2) The folding is a GET request, so you need to use visit_url( url, false );

This works for me:
PHP:
boolean fold_knife( item doodad )
{
   if( available_amount( doodad ) < 1 ) 
   {
      for i from 4908 to 4928
      {
         if( i.to_item().available_amount() > 0 )
         {
            visit_url( "inv_use.php?whichitem="+i+"&pwd="+my_hash()+"&switch=1&eq=0&fold="+url_encode(doodad), false );
            return true; 
         }
      }
      return false;
   }
   return true;
}

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You need a GET rather than a POST, using the 2-parameter version of visit_url. I just posted a patch for this on the dev forum, so I expect it will get added soon.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The fold command supports the Loathing Legion items as of revision 8883, which was inspired by lost's patch.

Bale

Minion
Well, I guess this isn't needed anymore! :)

1) The first visit_url() isn't needed
2) The folding is a GET request, so you need to use visit_url( url, false );

I suspected the first visit_url() isn't needed, but added it since the second wasn't working. Thank you for giving me that tip about it being a GET request, hopefully I'll remember to check for that next time I have a problem like this.

slyz

Developer
For info, I saved the text returned by visit_url("inv_use.php?pwd="+my_hash()+"&which=4&whichitem="+i); to look for the different fields to submit, and I noticed this:
Code:
<form method="get" action="inv_use.php">

Simply doing "view source code" in Firefox didn't show the source of the folding options.