how the heck do i use the mushroom plot feature?

I must be completely stupid or something, but I just cannot seem to grasp what to do to just set up a basic/repeating plot arrangement.

When I go into script generator and set up a layout i can see the 6 days. i can make changes to the yield and see what that does. when i click save layout, mafia asks me to name it (i do) then opens up a folder path in windows (My Documents currently) but there is no "save as" dialogue box or anything. it just opens the folder in explorer and sits there.

A few questions:
is this right? should i be using the one day planting thing instead?
if i do manage to get the scrip saved, do i have to manually run it?
how do i just set it up and let mafia run it for me via "breakfast"?

any help is majorly appreciated.

Theraze

Semi-unrelated, but since I haven't actually had a muscle sign ascension in recent memory (somewhat masochistic, I know, but... eh, BM is almost done... and hey, I may have done years back. maybe.) the extent of my mushroom knowledge consists of what I've seen here in the forums... Any great reason to avoid using the MaxShrooms script?

Edit: Looked at this. If you save your layout in the generator page, it automatically makes an ash file in the 'planting' folder (though you may need to create that folder first, but it seems to have automatically created mine). It also creates both html and text files, so you can visually see what you're doing. Basically, after you're done creating your script file and naming it, set that as the planting script, and you should be set...

Last edited:
Any great reason to avoid using the MaxShrooms script?

I've downloaded this before (it's in my scripts directory) and I remember having problems with it, but I don't recall what those problems were; maybe i'll try again. Does this script need to be run every day, or does the script itself set up the repeating pattern and the breakfast part of mafia handles the daily part?

Edit: Looked at this. If you save your layout in the generator page, it automatically makes an ash file in the 'planting' folder (though you may need to create that folder first, but it seems to have automatically created mine). It also creates both html and text files, so you can visually see what you're doing. Basically, after you're done creating your script file and naming it, set that as the planting script, and you should be set...

Maybe there is an issue with Windows 7? When I click "save layout" it opens windows explorer in the My Documents folder. This happens whether I have an empty planting folder in the KolMafia base directory, or not. From there I don't even get a "Save As" dialogue box, it's basically just opening explorer for me with no intent to do anything.

Theraze

On Win7 as well, and it just gives me a dialog box, no Explorer window, when I click on Save Layout.

For MaxShrooms, just set plantingScript=MaxShrooms and that should set it up... You just have to make sure you start it on the right moonphase.