Bug or just oddity?

Winterbay

I was adventuring in the Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary today via the relay browser. On my 2nd to last turn something odd happened in the gCLI but the fight in the relay worked just fine (fine as in "I got beaten up" but that was my fault).

The CLI showed the following (have copied the last two turns):

Code:
[127] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Encounter: Smart Skelton
Round 0: winterbay loses initiative!
Round 1: winterbay executes a macro!
Round 1: winterbay attacks!
You lose 4 hit points
You lose 2 hit points
Round 2: winterbay attacks!
Round 3: smart skelton takes 21 damage.
Round 3: winterbay attacks!
Round 4: smart skelton takes 22 damage.
Your familiar gains a pound: Trofflesby, the 5 lb. Baby Sandworm
You acquire an item: smart skull
After Battle: Trofflesby smiles a three-lipped smile from beneath the shade of his little sombrero.
You gain 4 Beefiness
You gain 4 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 6 Chutzpah

[128] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Encounter: grave rober
Round 0: winterbay wins initiative!
10/22/10 12:49 PM - #nudges div { position: relative; padding: 0px; } #nudges div .close { position: absolute; top: -2px; right: -10px; border: 1px solid black; } var todo = []; function nextAction() { var next_todo = todo.shift(); if (next_todo) { eval(next_todo); } } function dojax(dourl, afterFunc, hoverCaller, failureFunc) { $.ajax({ type: 'GET', url: dourl, cache: false, global: false, success: function (out) { nextAction(); if (out.match(/no\|/)) { var parts = out.split(/\|/); if (failureFunc) failureFunc(parts[1]); else $('#ChatWindow').append('Oops! Sorry, Dave, you appear to be ' + parts[1] + '.' + "\n"); return; } if (hoverCaller) { float_results(hoverCaller, out); if (afterFunc) { afterFunc(); } return; } var $eff = $(top.mainpane.document).find('#effdiv'); if ($eff.length == 0) { var d = top.mainpane.document.createElement('DIV'); d.id = 'effdiv'; var b = top.mainpane.document.body; if ($('#content_').length > 0) { b = $('#content_ div:first')[0]; } b.insertBefore(d, b.firstChild); $eff = $(d); } $eff.find('a[name="effdivtop"]').remove().end() .prepend('' + out + '').css('display','block'); if (!window.dontscroll || (window.dontscroll && dontscroll==0)) { top.mainpane.document.location = top.mainpane.document.location + "#effdivtop"; } if (afterFunc) { afterFunc(); } } }); } var FAMILIARFAVES = [["Srog","Hovering Sombrero","hat2",18],["Crog","Baby Gravy Fairy","familiar15",15],["Brog","Blood-Faced Volleyball","familiar12",12],["Trog","Mosquito","familiar1",1],["Tort","Pet Cheezling","cheezblob",86],["Vrog","Levitating Potato","familiar3",3],["Rrog","Barrrnacle","familiar8",8],["Lrog","Star Starfish","familiar17",17],["Drog","Angry Goat","familiar4",4],["Qrog","Sabre-Toothed Lime","familiar5",5] ];Round 1: winterbay attacks!
You lose 5 hit points
Insufficient health to continue (auto-abort triggered).

However, copying that here did not in fact show that. It shows this:

Code:
[127] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Encounter: Smart Skelton
You lose 4 hit points
You lose 2 hit points
Round 3: smart skelton takes 21 damage.
Round 3: winterbay attacks!
Round 4: smart skelton takes 22 damage.
Your familiar gains a pound: Trofflesby, the 5 lb. Baby Sandworm
You acquire an item: smart skull
After Battle: Trofflesby smiles a three-lipped smile from beneath the shade of his little sombrero.
You gain 4 Beefiness
You gain 4 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 6 Chutzpah

[128] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Encounter: grave rober
10/22/10 12:49 PM - #nudges div { position: relative; padding: 0px; } #nudges div .close { position: absolute; top: -2px; right: -10px; border: 1px solid black; } var todo = []; function nextAction() { var next_todo = todo.shift(); if (next_todo) { eval(next_todo); } } function dojax(dourl, afterFunc, hoverCaller, failureFunc) { $.ajax({ type: 'GET', url: dourl, cache: false, global: false, success: function (out) { nextAction(); if (out.match(/no\|/)) { var parts = out.split(/\|/); if (failureFunc) failureFunc(parts[1]); else $('#ChatWindow').append('Oops! Sorry, Dave, you appear to be ' + parts[1] + '.' + "\n"); return; } if (hoverCaller) { float_results(hoverCaller, out); if (afterFunc) { afterFunc(); } return; } var $eff = $(top.mainpane.document).find('#effdiv'); if ($eff.length == 0) { var d = top.mainpane.document.createElement('DIV'); d.id = 'effdiv'; var b = top.mainpane.document.body; if ($('#content_').length > 0) { b = $('#content_ div:first')[0]; } b.insertBefore(d, b.firstChild); $eff = $(d); } $eff.find('a[name="effdivtop"]').remove().end() .prepend('' + out + '').css('display','block'); if (!window.dontscroll || (window.dontscroll && dontscroll==0)) { top.mainpane.document.location = top.mainpane.document.location + "#effdivtop"; } if (afterFunc) { afterFunc(); } } }); } var FAMILIARFAVES = [["Srog","Hovering Sombrero","hat2",18],["Crog","Baby Gravy Fairy","familiar15",15],["Brog","Blood-Faced Volleyball","familiar12",12],["Trog","Mosquito","familiar1",1],["Tort","Pet Cheezling","cheezblob",86],["Vrog","Levitating Potato","familiar3",3],["Rrog","Barrrnacle","familiar8",8],["Lrog","Star Starfish","familiar17",17],["Drog","Angry Goat","familiar4",4],["Qrog","Sabre-Toothed Lime","familiar5",5] ]; <link rel="st
Round 2: grave rober takes 17 damage.
Round 3: grave rober takes 18 damage.
You acquire an item: shysterweed
You gain 2 Fortitude
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 7 Wizardliness
You gain 7 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!
You acquire an item: sugar shard (2)
Your sugar shirt shattered.

[129] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Encounter: lihc
Round 2: lihc takes 27 damage.
You gain 48 Meat
You acquire an item: lihc eye
You gain 3 Beefiness
You gain 4 Wizardliness
You gain 4 Cheek
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Unexpected error, debug log printed.

[130] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Encounter: ghuol
Round 1: ghuol heals an unspaded amount of hit points.
Round 2: ghuol takes 18 damage.
Round 3: ghuol takes 16 damage.
You gain 46 Meat
You acquire an item: ghuol egg
You acquire an item: ghuol ears
You gain 5 Strongness
You gain 4 Smarm

[131] Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Encounter: ghuol
">Round 1: winterbay attacks!
You lose 5 hit points
Insufficient health to continue (auto-abort triggered).

The last 4 turns are not in the CLI at all. Anyone want to venture a guess on what happened?

Winterbay

I could do a better job of "guessing what happened" if you'd post the stack trace...

True... But as you can see that part was not in the first quote and thus I did not see it in the CLI and totally failed to realise that there even were a debug log that had been generated...

Log attached.

Winterbay

So, can anyone get anything out of this debug log?, because I sure can't. But then I'm not used to reading them either :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Strangest stack trace I've seen. Looks like Java's built-in HTML renderer is failing, somehow. I'm clueless.