URL help

Banana Lord

Is there a better way of finding the specific URLs needed to test for the availability of locations (and other things) via visit_url() than starting a new ascension and picking them up as I go? Alternatively, if anyone knows any offhand I'd be very grateful... I'm looking for:

• Muscle & moxie guild janitors (Are these the same regardless of class? eg: guild.php?place=paco)
  • Yossarian
  • The arena ("at-war")
  • The lighthouse keeper (This doesn't *appear* to be the same post-war)
  • The nunnery (to be given the quest, rather than to be healed)
  • The hippy at the orchard (to be given the filthworm quest)

slyz

Developer
When you use the mini browser (General -> Mini-Browser) to navigate through KoL, the exact address of the latest link you clicked appears in the address bar.

Banana Lord

Not sure if we're talking about the same issue, I haven't got a problem with extracting the URL, *once* I can get to it. It's just that some locations (and hence addresses) aren't available in aftercore, and I'd prefer to have the script ready to go for my next run, rather than filling in the blanks as I go.

Thanks for the tip though :)

slyz

Developer
Ah, I didn't read your post carefully, sorry ^^
I think the only way is for people that are currently ascending to check out the URLs for you, or look in scripts that deal with them.

I can confirm is that the URL you posted is correct for the Muscle guild janitor.

Browsing through wossname.ash got me:

Yossarian: bigisland.php?action=junkman
The arena: bigisland.php?place=concert
The lighthouse keeper: bigisland.php?place=lighthouse&action=pyro
(in aftercore it's postwarisland.php?place=lighthouse&action=pyro)
The nunnery: bigisland.php?place=nunnery&action=nuns
The hippy at the orchard: bigisland.php?place=orchard&action=stand

If you want to test the availability though, you might need the different texts on those pages - the KoL wiki would be your best bet.

Last edited:

Banana Lord

Thanks guys! Should've thought of wossname.ash.

I wonder who/what paco is?

EDIT: @Slyz: Yep, I'm onto that thanks. contains_text() is the best way of doing that isn't it?

Last edited:

StDoodle

Minion
Well, if you're not zarqon, it's also possible to use regex. ;)

But yeah, contains_text() should suffice for most things. Just be careful, as you're matching against the html, which may not quite be the same as what you see (for instance, mafia once briefly had a bug that came from a page using two spaces in the html instead of one, though html collapses most double-spaces into a single one, so only one was printed to the page).