Feature - Rejected Daily Deeds: Daily Dungeon

I accidentally clicked to adventure in the daily dungeon in the daily deeds menu. Mafia then proceeded to go right through a locked door without a skeleton key. I was wondering if some option could be added to tell it to require a skeleton key [or lockpicks, or PYEC] if it wants to try going through the dungeon?

I didn't actually want to do the daily dungeon at that point, or let mafia do it; however, requiring a skeleton key would have stopped it before it burned two turns before I was able to smash the "stop now" button.

Spiny

I hit the daily dungeon button once intentionally to see how mafia would handle the daily dungeon and was disappointed that it merrily just plowed thru the adventures with no resistance checks etc. Since then I use Zarqon's daily dungeon script as an informational guide to see if I can handle the dungeon and then do it manually. The downside is that if Noblesse Oblige's calendar is down, then the script can't fetch any data and I just have to wing it.

Bale

Minion
As Spiny suggests, if you want intelligent handling of the Daily Dungeon, you should use zarqon's Daily Dungeon Diver. It will tell you what it is going to do and give you a chance to abort if you don't like its methods. I've only used it a few times, but I never found a problem. (The reason I don't use it is just because I'm weird enough to prefer doing that manually, not because the script is lacking.)

I know why you want the built in daily dungeon solver to be better, but I don't want our esteemed devs to waste time adding features when there is already a good script for the job.

Spiny

I think the deal was that RT did not intend to hit the daily dungeon button from daily deeds, but since he did, it would have been nice if mafia had made intelligent decisions or given him a graceful way to abort before beginning. I'm sure we've all misclicked something in daily deeds at one point or another, this particular thing is the only thing that burns through turns I think. I know I've misclicked on library card when I meant to click legendary beat. I've always felt that the legendary beat should be closer to the other farming related buttons, (friars, demons etc), but I've gotten used to it where it's at.

Bale

Minion
Ah. So he did. I only got that he tested it by accident and found it lacking, not that it needed a safety feature 'cause it's so easy to click on.

No, I did not test it on purpose. It was a misclick (two misclicks within about a quarter second of each other, actually). I do the overwhelming majority of my turns in-run by hand, in fact, the only parts I let mafia automate are those which do not take turns, just a whole lot of clickery.

roippi

Developer
I believe that the bulk of the problem here was that the "adv * daily dungeon" button was an unsafe element on the user's daily deeds panel. The user can now opt to remove that button.

Additionally, the user can now add their own custom deed which will call a script (such as Zarqon's DDDiver) instead of just invoking "adv * daily dungeon", if they so wish.

So, I think this can be marked as rejected.