Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Automatically download the newest daily build

Eh it's not the server itself this time it was Jenkins. There've been some major fixes since the last release pushed to stable on apt so I manually upgraded it instead. Hopefully that will fix it for now.

I would suggesting making a cron job to auto restart the server weekly.
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    There will come a time in your career as a sysadmin when you realize that you are treating the symptom and not the cause and that will offend you enough that you will finally figure out how to fix the underlying problem :-)
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

In the last 4 days or so the jenkins server has become slow and unreliable. instead of downloading in 2 seconds it takes 2 minutes, and it always drops the download at least once before it finishes (tested more than 20 times per day each day)

when i manually download with firefox i just hit retry and it resumes the download where the server broke it off. after 1 to several retries it manages to go through.

but with this app the moment the server drops the connection it assumes success despite the filesize mismatch and deletes existing files and replaces with the new broken file
    when i try to run it again it errors saying the file is invalid, if it is invalid it should delete it and redownload

When that happens for me, the incomplete file is always about 8 MB, so perhaps a test for filesize > 13 MB would help decide whether to resume or re-download.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Woss | Om****est (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I found out the keepalivesetting is broken in the current version of Jenkins but should hopefully be fixed with an upcoming weekly build. In the mean time I think I've discovered a workaround let me know if you still run into problems.

I found out the keepalivesetting is broken in the current version of Jenkins but should hopefully be fixed with an upcoming weekly build. In the mean time I think I've discovered a workaround let me know if you still run into problems.
    Originally Posted by fewyn View Post
    thank you. I will let you know if I encounter anymore issues

where can I download your updated version with the workaround?
    ttpack = a collection of scripts by taltamir

thank you. I will let you know if I encounter anymore issues

where can I download your updated version with the workaround?
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    This was a problem specifically with Jenkins the program that automatically creates builds.

You can follow me on twitter @fewyn

Hi, Just letting you know the server has packed up it's toys and gone home in a huff...
    Log below, Cheers

13/07/2020 3:57:45 PM
    Checking http://ci.kolmafia.us/ for the latest version of KoLMafia...
    An error occurred while downloading data from http://ci.kolmafia.us/
    Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

Anyone have any issues since the 13th? I'm hoping the current version it's running has been stable enough.

I run the updater daily and it's been working fine for me since then. Thanks Fewyn!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Woss | Om****est (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!