Feature - Implemented Debug Log Annotation

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I run a couple of characters with a lot of automation. I find Debug Logs occasionally but often I can't even begin to investigate since I can't reconstruct context. If there were more KoLmafia info in the log header, I could come closer. I think I could add current character and a turn count trivially and think I could get something about scripts as well.

Anyone think expanding the debug header is a bad idea?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Code:
 MRU Script: Unknown
What is this supposed to be? The last script I ran through the script menu?
If so, useful how?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Code:
 MRU Script: Unknown
What is this supposed to be? The last script I ran through the script menu?
If so, useful how?

That means you have not chosen to enable the tracking that maintains the MRU script menu so there is no most recently used script to report.

I run several characters and do not always notice when a debug log is unexpectedly generated. Thus I have no clue which session log to look in or where. The character name and the turn count address that. The MRU script is of interest to me but might not be helpful since, even when there is a value, there is no guarantee that the reported script was running when the debug log was generated.

Since I do have the tracking enabled and in one case the debug log indicated the problem was caused by a script, at the very least, the name helped me confirm I was looking at the right portion of the session log

I can revert that portion if desired but I need to find a better way to have these conversations occur before I check in code :)