Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: August 2020 IotM - SpinMaster™ lathe

Revision 20287 adds balsam barrel, redwood rain stick and wormwood wedding ring to the SpinMaster lathe coinmaster.

Revision 20289 will visit your SpinMaster™ lathe as part of breakfast, if you have one, to collect flimsy hardwood scraps.:

I have collected five of the six "special" lathing woods and see them in shop.
    If I closet them, I don't see them in the shop.

Which is to say, unlike the Fun-A-Log, you don't "unlock" these items. KoL will simply not show them to you unless you have the ingredient.

That will simplify the coinmaster a bit. We don't really need to determine which items you know how to make; all that matters is if you have the ingredient. I still want the code to detect unknown creations, since there is one I don't know, yet, but no need to keep track of whether you otherwise know how to create any particular item.

Revision 20292 eliminates "unlocking" with respect to the lathe.

Revision 20297 adds the Dripwood slab and drippy diadem. It also removes the Lathed Livery zap group.

Revision 20298 adds a boolean property - _redwoodRainStickUsed - to track the once-per day usage of the redwood rain stick. I was amused to see that _rainStrickUsed already exists to track the usage of the red and green rain stick.

The only thing left is to add the drippy diadem to coinmasters.txt. We can't do that until we get the "row" assigned to it in the shop. Simply visiting the shop with a Dripwood slab in inventory will log the necessary line. The coinmaster is otherwise all set up to handle that item.

I am currently spending 20 turns a day in the Drippy Trees, trying to farm up a couple of Dripwood slabs. No joy, so far, but I'll get one, by and by.

It took almost 70 turns but I got a dripwood slab and visited the lathe:

Code:
    Visiting Your SpinMaster™ lathe
    --------------------
    Your SpinMaster™ lathe	buy	1	drippy diadem	ROW1170
    --------------------

Thanks! That was the next-unused row number in the shop, so, logical choice, but I like to know for sure.

Revision 20305.

I think this new content is done.