Thread: crowd of adventurer bosses are not marked as bosses

Default crowd of adventurer bosses are not marked as bosses

At the crowd of adventurers during the tower tests
    https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki...of_Adventurers

the bosses of each test are not recognized as bosses by mafia.
    They are:
    $monsters[Tasmanian Dervish, Mr. Loathing, The Mastermind, Seannery the Conman, The Lavalier, Leonard, Arthur Frankenstein, Mrs. Freeze, Odorous Humongous]
    ttpack = a collection of scripts by taltamir

Also "cosmetics wraith" is a boss too

Just curious, how are you checking these? There are lots of things that people mean by "boss". I don't actually know which one people care about when using this property in KoLmafia...

Just curious, how are you checking these? There are lots of things that people mean by "boss". I don't actually know which one people care about when using this property in KoLmafia...
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    To check wheather or not mafia has a monster marked as a boss
    Code:
    > ash $monster[cosmetics wraith].boss

Returned:     false

> ash $monster[groar].boss

Returned:     true
    as for whether kol considers it a boss or not, I was looking it up in the wiki or checking if they are immune to instakills.

But in retrospect a better way to test would be the pvp season event which counts bosses killed. It would let us know for sure which monsters kol thinks are bosses.
    Then we need a second variable (that currently does not exist) to measure if a monster can be instakilled despite not being a boss
    ttpack = a collection of scripts by taltamir

The reason lost is asking is because there are multiple lists WITHIN kol of what is a (boss), and even more when people talk about what they consider a boss?
    Does it drop a boss brain? Does it make badass pies? Does it trigger the machine elf? Does it count for the pvp mini? Can it be copied and/or instakilled?
    Some things you and I would consider a boss don't count for the mini, since that mini is supposed to be an 'ascension' mini, and as such, to only include things you can fight once per ascension. This means it has to exclude any 'boss' that can be fought multiple times (and sometimes, this gets forgotten, which leads to killing Ed 6 times and then losing the final fight, just so you can do it again).
    Last edited by the dictator; 09-13-2020 at 09:32 AM.

If we have a good definition of what the mafia BOSS tag means, I could add an excavator project to help us with this sort of thing.