Thread: is_unrestricted() incorrectly thinks grimstone mask is unrestricted in ed

Default is_unrestricted() incorrectly thinks grimstone mask is unrestricted in ed

In path "Actually Ed the Undying" the command
    Code:
    > ash print(is_unrestricted($item[grimstone mask]));

true
    This should return false not true

Checking all paths in the wiki, Actually Ed the Undying is the only path with an explicit exception that forbids him from using the grimstone mask. And in my own testing I found that ed is indeed forbidden to use it.
    Last edited by taltamir; 06-18-2020 at 05:00 AM.
    ttpack = a collection of scripts by taltamir

is_unrestricted doesn't refer to path restrictions, just standard restrictions. see also: bees hate you, g lover

@taltamir: This is why ZLib has be_good(), which not only checks standard restrictions but also various path restrictions. I wasn't aware of this one, though, so I've just added it with ZLib r43.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Woss | Om****est (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

As gausie explained, Not A Bug since that isn't what the function is for.

@taltamir: This is why ZLib has be_good(), which not only checks standard restrictions but also various path restrictions. I wasn't aware of this one, though, so I've just added it with ZLib r43.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    Ah I didn't see this when I posted in the zlib thread!

I think we were writing our posts simultaneously.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Woss | Om****est (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I see. thank you. I updated the wiki entry for this function to clarify it does not check path restrictions only standard restrictions.

Also, apparently grimstone masks are not limited in just ed, its just that nobody noticed/bothered to put the info the wiki. vampyre fails with "You can't use this item as a non-standard class. Sorry." which suggests it won't work in any avatar path. but probably should test them individually to verify