Bug - Not A Bug is_unrestricted() incorrectly thinks grimstone mask is unrestricted in ed

taltamir

In path "Actually Ed the Undying" the command
Code:
[COLOR=olive]> ash print(is_unrestricted($item[grimstone mask]));[/COLOR]

true
This should return false not true

Checking all paths in the wiki, Actually Ed the Undying is the only path with an explicit exception that forbids him from using the grimstone mask. And in my own testing I found that ed is indeed forbidden to use it.

Last edited:

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
is_unrestricted doesn't refer to path restrictions, just standard restrictions. see also: bees hate you, g lover

zarqon

@taltamir: This is why ZLib has be_good(), which not only checks standard restrictions but also various path restrictions. I wasn't aware of this one, though, so I've just added it with ZLib r43.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
@taltamir: This is why ZLib has be_good(), which not only checks standard restrictions but also various path restrictions. I wasn't aware of this one, though, so I've just added it with ZLib r43.

Ah I didn't see this when I posted in the zlib thread!

taltamir

I see. thank you. I updated the wiki entry for this function to clarify it does not check path restrictions only standard restrictions.

Also, apparently grimstone masks are not limited in just ed, its just that nobody noticed/bothered to put the info the wiki. vampyre fails with "You can't use this item as a non-standard class. Sorry." which suggests it won't work in any avatar path. but probably should test them individually to verify