Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Excavator - gausie's spading script

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Excavator - gausie's spading script

    Excavator

    I recently added a new type of script to KoLmafia - spadingScript. At certain points in the game, a spadingScript will be triggered with the name of the event, the contents of the page, and any other important information. I've now written a script that can use that new functionality to passively collect data for ongoing spading projects. It collects and sends data via kmail to the player Excavator when possible (i.e. when you're not in an encounter), otherwise it is cached in the spadingData property. The cache can be processed by running the spade command in the CLI.

    Only data pertinent to the current projects are reported (outcomes from combats, state of flags or counters on your player etc) and each packet of data can be reviewed and approved before it is sent. No personal information will ever be transmitted.

    These data are pulled every 15 minutes to a Google Sheet for anyone to review and process.

    It is very new so there may be some small bugs so please do report them here, on GitHub, or on the Discord channel.

    Installation and Usage

    Install the script using the KoLmafia CLI:

    Code:
    svn checkout https://github.com/gausie/excavator/trunk/RELEASE/
    Set up KoLmafia to use excavator.ash as your spadingScript:

    Code:
    set spadingScript = excavator.ash
    Data will be automatically submitted when possible, but if you want to manually clear the cache in the spadingData prop, you can do so using the spade command:

    Code:
    spade
    A reminder to do so appears on login and in the Daily Deeds panel.

    Further information

    You can find a list of active projects on the GitHub repository for the code. I've also set up a dedicated channel on the Ascension Speed Society Discord server if you want to talk more about it or get involved.
    Last edited by gausie; 06-09-2020 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Update data destination

  2. #2
    Junior Member landamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Cool idea, installed.

  3. #3

    Default

    Based on overwhelming feedback, I'm now sending the data directly via kmail rather than relying on the spade command. Any data collected when kmails can't be sent (i.e. during an encounter) are still persisted to spadingData and thus can still be submitted with spade, but the cache is also flushed automatically when possible.

  4. #4

    Default

    Data are now processed with a Github Action (on the repo for the ash code itself) scheduled every 15 minutes to be sent to https://tinyurl.com/excavator-data

  5. #5
    Developer Veracity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The Unseelie Court
    Posts
    13,338

    Default

    Revision 20193 adds it to the Script Manager.

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks V <3

  7. #7
    Developer fronobulax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,700

    Default

    Installed. So far effortless on my part which addresses any of the curmudgeonly misgivings I might have had about it. Thanks.

  8. #8

    Default

    New project added!

    • Genie - Determine which monsters and effects can be fought/acquired with the Genie


    I know there's already a built in warning for these effects (I added it!) but I decided to implement this in excavator by watching the choice adventure page. Effects are simple enough, but based on these data we might want to add a wishable attribute alongside copyable to the monster proxy record because they are not related.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    152

    Default

    It looks like "I wish to be fighting X" no longer works, but "I wish I was fighting X" does.

    "I wish to be fighting a cowskeleton" lead to the error message, while "I wish I was fighting a cowskeleton" lead to the fight.

    This might mean some of the data collected is incorrect.

  10. #10

    Default

    It looks like "I wish to be fighting X" no longer works, but "I wish I was fighting X" does.

    "I wish to be fighting a cowskeleton" lead to the error message, while "I wish I was fighting a cowskeleton" lead to the fight.

    This might mean some of the data collected is incorrect.
    Originally Posted by Ryo_Sangnoir View Post
    I'll have to discount previous data. That's a shame. Here's the fix anyway

    https://github.com/gausie/excavator/pull/14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •