Thread: "tryequip" keyword for the Maximizer

Lightbulb "tryequip" keyword for the Maximizer

I use a lot of preset Maximizer commands for particular steps during a run, some of which include convenient "equip" keywords for certain helpful but optionally available items (for example, a gravy boat in Defiled zones or a ring of detect boring doors in the Daily Dungeon). However, as certain items pass out of Standard or are otherwise unavailable in a run, these Maximizer commands fail.

This can be worked around with some string parsing to filter the maximizer string prior to calling it, but a baked-in solution would be a) svelte and 2) helpful to more than just my script. Having one-size-fits-all maximizer strings for various situations is cool even for people who aren't automating.

My suggestion is a "tryequip" keyword which functions identically to "equip" except it simply ignores the specified item if you can't equip it, rather than failing. I would find this extremely helpful!
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Woss | Om****est (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

I like the idea, but I cringe every time I need to go touch the maximizer; it is very complicated.
    Bumping to get this onto page 1, at least.