Any script requests?

mottsy

i almost have enough hodge equip.
my clannies can have whats left over :)

ill get them to test the idea and if it works, it might mean easier runs for all if we can change the script a bit

Grotfang

Developer
The issue people are raising, Mottsy, is that if killing hodg is a "free for all", then trying to script so you can check the situation more than someone else would give you a very unfair advantage over those who do it honestly. The reason I suggested the chatbot technique was so you would be depending on someone else picking up on the situation and then sending you a command to start. That way, you would have a shot at hodgman if others were not on their toes, but you would still be at a disadvantage by virtue of not actually being there.

i almost have enough hodge equip.
my clannies can have whats left over

Do you not see how selfish this sounds? I'm sure there are other clan members in exactly the same boat. If you can't make the times, then that's unfortunate, but that doesn't give you the right to use measures unfairly to make up for that.

Anyways, this discussion goes beyond the scope of the board. The script you have deals with things in a way I consider to be fair and equitable (and to be frank you could have gleaned this method from my hobopolis chatbot script). I would recommend though that you pass the idea past your clan mates before using any script. Tell them what you are doing and stress its implications. Make sure they are happy with whatever method you decide on.

mottsy

The issue people are raising, Mottsy, is that if killing hodg is a "free for all", then trying to script so you can check the situation more than someone else would give you a very unfair advantage over those who do it honestly. The reason I suggested the chatbot technique was so you would be depending on someone else picking up on the situation and then sending you a command to start. That way, you would have a shot at hodgman if others were not on their toes, but you would still be at a disadvantage by virtue of not actually being there.

Do you not see how selfish this sounds? I'm sure there are other clan members in exactly the same boat. If you can't make the times, then that's unfortunate, but that doesn't give you the right to use measures unfairly to make up for that.

Anyways, this discussion goes beyond the scope of the board. The script you have deals with things in a way I consider to be fair and equitable (and to be frank you could have gleaned this method from my hobopolis chatbot script). I would recommend though that you pass the idea past your clan mates before using any script. Tell them what you are doing and stress its implications. Make sure they are happy with whatever method you decide on.

i don't believe you understand the joke
the point of it, is that to trigger it, one of my clannies would have to say the words
doing something selfish like that would get me shunned, and be unnecessary

Last edited: