Bug - Fixed vampyre can consume scroll of drastic healing, wasting the scroll without gaining hp

taltamir

vampire can use a scroll of drastic healing, it does not heal them, it just wastes the scroll.
Mafia should block the attempt.

easy to test. just use CLI
Code:
[COLOR=olive]> use scroll of drastic healing[/COLOR]

Using     1 scroll of drastic healing...
Finished using 1 scroll of drastic     healing.
and afterwards my inventory has 1 less (unless the scroll luckily does not get consumed. which is a feature of the scroll that it has a % chance of not being consumed when used. so you might have to use it several times to see it happen)

... actually in general vampyres can't use any restorers. the only thing they can use to restore HP is a blood bag, and it is insanity to waste them this way. It is better to use the blood bag to make vampyre food or drink and then rest in your coffin for a full heal
so mafia should block all HP and MP restorers on vampires (since they don't have MP)

Last edited:

taltamir

not sure if should make a new thread for this but...

1. mafia will allow you to use a distentionpill in vampyre even though it does not actually do anything.

2. dieting pills need to be tracked and forbidden from chewing too many. In vampyre, I chewed 3 dieting pills, then ate 2 sponge cakes bringing me up to 4/5 stomach capacity. Now I can't fill the 5th stomach spot because "You're too full to eat that."
I tried just to see if it would work and i was able to chew a 4th dieting pill at 4/5 fullness.
To avoid overly complicated tracking how about only allowing chewing a dieting pill through mafia once the previous one was discharged?
And a separate check to forbid it if you are exactly 1 fullness less than your max?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Plumbers are already restricted in which HP restores they can use.

Revision 19975 similarly restricts Vampyres - for both HP and MP.
I also added "maximum use" limiters to restoratives in those paths.

I'm not going to touch dieting pills at the moment. KoLmafia currently has no support whatsoever for dieting pills. I recently bumped 3 (!) bug reports dealing with them to page one. They have since fallen to page two, but I am planning on looking at them in April, perhaps.

Feel free to look at those three threads and decide where your report should go.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
usable quantity of X is limited to 0 by needed restoration

Just hit this today with 19975. I'm in Ed. During breakfast, it displays the message "(usable quantity of chewing gum on a string (2) is limited to 0 by needed restoration)" unendingly, until I manually stop and use chewing gums outside.

Disassembling the gained clover also fails: "(usable quantity of ten-leaf clover (3) is limited to 0 by needed restoration)"

taltamir

Thank you veracity

I also went ahead and fixed autoscend so it won't be attempting to consume any HP or MP restorers during vampyre runs anymore.

Last edited:

taltamir

mafia won't let ed consume his MP restorer

ed is unable to consume his native MP restorers through mafia in r19977

Code:
Encounter: Like a Bat Into Hell
You gain no hit points
[COLOR=green]This     is a SHOP![/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]This is a SHOP![/COLOR]
You     acquire an item: holy spring water
You     acquire an item: spirit beer
You     acquire an item: sacramental wine
Encounter: Like a Bat out of Hell

[COLOR=olive]>     use holy spring water[/COLOR]

(usable quantity of holy spring water     is limited to 0 by uselessness in this path)

[COLOR=olive]>     use spirit beer[/COLOR]

(usable quantity of spirit beer is limited     to 0 by uselessness in this path)

[COLOR=olive]> use     sacramental wine[/COLOR]

(usable quantity of sacramental wine is     limited to 0 by uselessness in this path)
I didn't try his 3 HP restorers because I ran out of Ka. but i am guessing the same problem