Feature - Implemented Make it easy to maximize while retaining/equipping a Plumber item

zarqon

Is there anything else whatsoever that you wish KoLmafia did for you to make your life easier as a Plumber?

I've come across one thing that would be quite helpful: a simpler way to use the maximizer to shuffle equipment about while being able to ensure you can adventure as a Plumber. I'd suggest a boolean/numeric modifier (perhaps called "Plumberosity") added to the corresponding six equippable items, but you may be able to think of a better solution. A shorthand keyword for the maximizer, like we have with "underwater" or "pirate", would be a bonus.

If I'm late to the party with request, I can make a separate feature request.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, that sounds useful. It's never really important to have more than one plumber item equipped - and it is only required if you are going to adventure. So, when preparing for Lair Tests, I take any and all equipment it suggests. But if I am maximizing items or meat or resistances or whatever, I have to make sure it doesn't unequip my plumber item.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I moved this to a thread, since there are a variety of related things pertaining to this.

There are two Modifiers that we do not currently have.

Plumber Stat

hammer, heavy hammer: muscle
fire flower, bonfire flower: mysticality
work boots, fancy boots: moxie

Plumber Level

hammer, fire flower, work boots: 1
heavy hammer, bonfire flower, fancy boots: 2

I always use fancy boots - except when I'm building a bridge, where I use bonfire flower + frost button.

Perhaps having a shortcut "Plumber" should mean "whichever plumber item I currently have equipped, otherwise the best one corresponding to my primestat". Or "the best one I own". In other words, it would be the equivalent of one of six "-equip EQUIP" specifications. Presumably restricted to items you own - unless you say it is ok to create (buy using coinmasters).

Perhaps there could be a shortcut "Cold Plumber" (or something) which will use the best flower weapon + frost button?

zarqon

For my own needs, I just want a way to ensure I don't inadvertently make it impossible to adventure when running maximize commands as a Plumber. Your suggestion for the "plumber" shortcut logic sounds perfect. An additional "cold plumber" shortcut would be above and beyond my needs, but I'd use it if it existed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19932 adds this:

Add Plumber Power (numeric) and Plumber Stat (string) modifiers. Add Maximizer shortcuts:
"plumber" - equip best plumber tool for your primestat, if you have one, else best plumber tool.
"cold plumber" - equip best flower tool and a frosty button

The tools must be in inventory; you can't choose the "create" radio button and have it offer to buy one for you.

I don't see how to do that in the code; the code which parses the Modifier commands has no knowledge of which radio button you have selected; that is only looked at later when it decides how to combine the various available equipment options.

I'm leaving this open for now, in case I come up with an alternate implementation which will do this, but "plumber, item drop" and "cold plumber, mysticality" worked perfectly for me - when I had a bonfire flower, as well as the fancy boots I bought before running any turns.

taltamir

Revision 19932 adds this:

Add Plumber Power (numeric) and Plumber Stat (string) modifiers. Add Maximizer shortcuts:
"plumber" - equip best plumber tool for your primestat, if you have one, else best plumber tool.
"cold plumber" - equip best flower tool and a frosty button

The tools must be in inventory; you can't choose the "create" radio button and have it offer to buy one for you.

I don't see how to do that in the code; the code which parses the Modifier commands has no knowledge of which radio button you have selected; that is only looked at later when it decides how to combine the various available equipment options.

I'm leaving this open for now, in case I come up with an alternate implementation which will do this, but "plumber, item drop" and "cold plumber, mysticality" worked perfectly for me - when I had a bonfire flower, as well as the fancy boots I bought before running any turns.
cold plumber works. But I am getting a null pointed exception for plumber

Attachments

• DEBUG_20200406.zip
    896 bytes · Views: 10

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think this is as done as it's going to get.

- If you specify "plumber", it will try to equip the best plumber tool for your mainstat.
- If you don't have one (which was taltimir's bug), it will take the best plumber's tool you have.
- If you specify "cold plumber", you must have a flower and a frosty button.

Revision 19984 puts work boots and fancy boots into a "mutex" set, so if you own both and have work boots equipped, when you maximize for "plumber", it will replace them with fancy boots. I could have done the same for the flowers and the hammers, but since those are all weapons and plumbers can't dual wield, no mutex is needed to force the better weapon to replace the weaker weapon.

It will not buy a tool for you, even if you have the "creatable" radio button selected. I'm OK with that. You should buy the equipment you want at a time when you can best afford it sometime before you actually need to use it.